Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Decorating Fun

This past weekend we finally got around to spicing up our dining area! First we painted the green accent wall (which isn't really as light as it appears in the picture), then we picked out our new table and chairs, and got a big mirror for the wall. We're still debating about a pair of candle sconces we got to go on either side of the mirror, but we really like how it turned out! Now I've got the itch to do the whole house. Too bad it's so expensive! Oh well, maybe with our 2009 tax return!

This is what the area looked like before, from a different perspective.

The end.

12 comments:

Amanda Duke said...

Ooo I like it! I'm so jealous. I wish I had a place of my own that I could decorate however I wanted.

Melanie said...

Wow! I LOVE it! I never thought it looked bad before, but what a beautiful improvement! And it flows so nicely with what you've done in the living room. So nice.

Kristin Hanson said...

Go w/ the sconces! I love the green, it compliments the gorgeous table and chairs. Beautiful!

Eliza said...

It looks great! Someday I'll be able to decorate... someday... heck, someday I might actually have a real table too (we've used a card table for 5 years now). Until that day, though, it looks like I'm going to have to live vicariously through you!

Erica said...

Very cute. That's the one thing I hate about decorating is that I NEVER want to stop :)

Hoenes Family said...

Tahat looks great Megora! You make me want to paint my dining room!

Erica said...

What a great place for a family dinner or card games. It looks lovely.

Kika VilaNova said...

i LOVE the green walls with the brown take and chairs! cn't wait till we hve a place we can decorate more :)

hugs!

Kristyn said...

Darling! It all looks great! And I loooove your table and chairs.

Mrs. S said...

wow, that looks amazing! You're really good at decorating.

max said...

Megan, I'm so jealous of your new table and chairs. We still have the $100 Costco set we got right when we got married that only really seats four. Pretty soon our family will be 5 and we're not in a position to buy a new set yet so it will just have to be a little tight for a while. Everything looks really good!

Rachel said...

Wow, that looks really fancy. It's amazing what a little paint and some decorations can do.