Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Little Things Make Life Great

Today was an awesome day. It was really the combination of several little things that made it so wonderful.

First, Aubrey slept until 8:00 am. And while this wasn't so convenient for 9:00 church, it was heavenly to sleep in that late. And we were only a few minutes late for sacrament meeting.

Then, Aubrey went to nursery...and she actually did well! Aubrey now has a special helper in nursery, and she has been such a blessing! I actually feel relaxed at church now. What a relief! And when I came to pick her up at the end of church, she was happily playing with two little girls. Then of course she started screaming her lungs out the instant she saw me. But that's OK. I can take her punishment!

After church I put Aubrey down for a nap with considerably less difficulty than usual, and then I promptly laid myself down for a nap and asked Matt to listen to the monitor. That was at 1:15. At 2:50 Matt woke me up so we could go to tithing settlement. Bree had been up for a while and Matt had let me be. I slept so hard during my nap that when he woke me up I was totally confused and disoriented about what day and time it was. I just remember saying, "What's going on? What am I doing?" I haven't had a nap like that in a long time!

This evening we were able to babysit for some friends of ours so they could go to the Christmas Devotional downtown. The kids were great, and we had a fun time getting a small taste of what life would be like with 3 kids!

Then after the kids were gone and Bree was in bed, we warmed up some cookies and watched the broadcast of the Christmas devotional by the light of our lovely Christmas tree (bought and decorated yesterday). It was so great! I love that every year when we watch it, I am reminded of the real meaning and purpose behind all the celebrations.

Today was a good day. I am ending this day with feelings of warmth, and love, and gratitude. I hope I have another one like this soon.

5 comments:

Somer said...

Sounds like a great day. You deserve one of those.

Unknown said...

Oh good! I was thinking you might be wanting to pull your hair out and never have more children after watching my kids! Thank you guys SO much for watching them for us, it was a great devotional.

Kathryn Cooper said...

I love those kind of naps, only when it's my hubby or natural causes that wake me. If it's my kids waking me from a deep sleep because they're screaming I'm never a very happy camper.

Hoenes Family said...

I love days like that! I enjoyed your secret combinations post. You are so funny.

Kika VilaNova said...

I hope you have many more of those good days soon! :)

Hey we are having mom's night out on Thursday at Guru's here on Provo center street. Meet there at 6:30pm, would you come? Hope so!
hugs!!