Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Secret Combinations

After much weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth about my chocolate chip cookie skills (or lack there of), my mother-in-law decided to come over and share all of her secret combinations with me today. And we were sooo lucky that she brought Aubrey's cousin Ayva with her! These two share a birthday, except one year apart (but they are basically the same size). They had a ball playing together while Jan taught me in the ways of Hershey's kisses and salted butter.

Best of all? I took the cookies to my Young Women's meeting tonight, and they were a hit!

6 comments:

Katie said...

That is such an adorable picture! They are even holding hands! Miss you guys, and glad the choc chip cookies worked. Now that you've learned the secrets from the master, you can do it on your own. My biggest problem with my mom's cookies is getting the flower just right, too little and cookies are flat as pancakes with little lumps of chocolate ships. Too much and it tastes like flour.

Somer said...

That picture is wonderful!

Mrs. S said...

Congrats on the cookies! I always think about you now when it comes to chocolate chip cookies. By the way, I love the name of your blog now. It's so fitting for you.

Tine said...

Hi there! This is Christine (Gibb) and I just had to let you know that I check your blog every once in a while (through Melanie) and just love it! You're the most fabulous mother and I love the way you write about all you're experiencing! Thanks so much for sharing! We also finally have our own blog - www.becausegodmadeyou.blogspot.com - you'll have to come pay a visit sometime!

Kika VilaNova said...

Hmmm I want some!
Have you posted the recipe here? :)

hugs!

Unknown said...

Hey Megan! The devotional is this Sunday. I'm not sure what time Luke wants to leave but I'll call you this evening. Thanks in advance for watching the terrible twosome!