Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Eve Eve

Note to self. Don't go to Walmart on Christmas eve eve.

Oh mylanta. I had a few last minute food items to get for our Christmas morning breakfast and a yummy Gingerbread cake I decided to make for Christmas eve, so Aubrey and I headed out to the store today. Since I was only planning on getting a few things I thought I would just to go Harmon's. Then my frugal self got the better of me and went to Walmart instead, thinking I could save a few dollars. Big mistake.

Walmart was a sea of humanity. I sort of expected that, but I still really hate huge crowds. We drove around for about 15 minutes just looking for a parking spot. Then once we got inside it was utter chaos. I told myself "Just grit your teeth and get it done."

But then they ended up not having 50% of the things that were on my list. Are you kidding me??? I went through all of this and you don't even have frozen hash browns or dark molasses? Give me strength.

After waiting in line for about 20 minutes to check out, we went to Harmon's to get the rest of the things I needed.

On the way back home the woman driving in front of me (who also happened to be chatting on her cell phone) came to a complete stop in the middle of the busy round about. Seriously? I notice that people are lining up behind me and so I tap my horn at her. She then proceeds to flip me off. I may or may not have returned the favor.

Merry freaking Christmas.

(note: I am feeling much better now that I am home, and know I don't have to leave the house again for two days. My Christmas cheer is returning:)

8 comments:

Katie said...

HIlarious! We ended up at Walmart for a few minutes today too because we told the boys we'd buy Hungry Hungry HIppos with a Target gift card from their uncle and aunt. Target didn't have it so we went to Walmart. It was busy, but your story made me glad the Iowa City area is a bit smaller than the Salt Lake area.

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

Kika VilaNova said...

Oh no! I NEED to go to the store tomorrow! I am gonna die! I think I'll just go to smiths though, and early morning. Hopefully everyone else will be sleeping!

your menu is making me hungry!! :)

hugs and Merry Christmas!

Erica said...

i feel your pain. yesterday i had to run to target to get some diapers before our trip and my oh my a normal 5 minute drive took me over 20 minutes each way. luckily i had brought a sucker for brooklyn along. gotta love all the craziness that unfortunately comes along with the holidays.

Unknown said...

walmart is the worst! You took all of the words right out of my mouth.

Somer said...

We had just about the same day yesterday at Costco, minus the finger, but add in 45 minutes just to get there since there is a mall nearby. At least now Evan understands why I start Christmas shopping in November.

Rachel said...

We went on Monday and it was pretty similar. I have to go again today to get lettuce and tomatoes, maybe I'll just go Kohlers.

Michele said...

You are so no fun! I loooove WalMart. Yeah.

Kristyn said...

I hate WM. Kay hate is strong, but it's definitely not my favrotie go-to shopping experience. Glad you finally got your stuff. And that you didn't get lost somehow. What would we have done without you if you never made it out of the Wal-Mart black hole? :)