Last night I went to my first youth activity for church, and it was so fun! I am already so impressed with the youth in this ward. The activity was called the 40 Day Feast. The youth in the ward had been challenged to read the whole Book of Mormon in 40 days, to really feast on the scriptures. And then at the end we came together and had a literal feast of food to celebrate. Not all of the youth completed it in time (although two of my cute beehives did!) but that wasn't really the point. The point was that they opened the book and read with the intent to feast on the word of The Lord. The afterwards there was a small testimony meeting of sorts where they could share their experiences, what they learned, etc. I was so motivated and inspired by these young men and women. I love my calling so much!
"With Lucifer beneath you, and God above, when either one of them asks you what you're living of...say love." -The Avett Brothers
Thursday, November 13, 2008
What We've Been Up To
Now that I'm done griping, here are a few pictures! In the picture below you can see that Aubrey has a new way of watching TV. She likes to pull up to stand and then watch with about 5 inches between her face and the screen. I don't like her to watch that closely, but I love to see her pulling up so much! She pulls up on everything including the couch, the ottoman, window sills, the desk, her rocking chair, her toy box, etc. Now that we see her on her feet so often we can't believe how tall this girl is! And the stair climbing has been excellent. She's gone all the way up a few times (with supervision of course)! I can't really leave her alone in the living room anymore, because within a few seconds she will crawl over to the stairs and start climbing.
Aubrey has been a little sick the past few days with a stomach bug. That's why she is in her jammies in the previous picture. The poor thing has had so many yucky diapers in the past two days, and now she has a bad diaper rash as a result. No fun! But despite that she is in good spirits! A couple of days ago she finally picked up the sign for "Daddy". It's so cute. Yesterday when she heard Matt unlocking the door when he came home from work I said "Aubrey, who is that?" and she did the sign for Daddy right as he opened the door. Needless to say, Matt was thrilled!
Here is Bree sporting her new winter coat and hat. I'm kinda jealous of it. Matt, if you're reading this and don't know what to get me for Christmas...I wouldn't mind having my own hot pink pea coat! I'm just saying.
Last night I went to my first youth activity for church, and it was so fun! I am already so impressed with the youth in this ward. The activity was called the 40 Day Feast. The youth in the ward had been challenged to read the whole Book of Mormon in 40 days, to really feast on the scriptures. And then at the end we came together and had a literal feast of food to celebrate. Not all of the youth completed it in time (although two of my cute beehives did!) but that wasn't really the point. The point was that they opened the book and read with the intent to feast on the word of The Lord. The afterwards there was a small testimony meeting of sorts where they could share their experiences, what they learned, etc. I was so motivated and inspired by these young men and women. I love my calling so much!
Last night I went to my first youth activity for church, and it was so fun! I am already so impressed with the youth in this ward. The activity was called the 40 Day Feast. The youth in the ward had been challenged to read the whole Book of Mormon in 40 days, to really feast on the scriptures. And then at the end we came together and had a literal feast of food to celebrate. Not all of the youth completed it in time (although two of my cute beehives did!) but that wasn't really the point. The point was that they opened the book and read with the intent to feast on the word of The Lord. The afterwards there was a small testimony meeting of sorts where they could share their experiences, what they learned, etc. I was so motivated and inspired by these young men and women. I love my calling so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm glad you are enjoying your calling. Young Women's is great. I know a few of your cute beehives and they are great as well.
Aubrey looks fantastic! Sometimes when kids start to focus on the gross motor they lose ground on the communication. But not Miss Aubrey, what a girl.
Sick or not sick, she is the cutest! I hope she will feel better from her stomach bug :)
hugs!
Bree is so adorable. I love the coat! I can't believe how big she is. We miss you guys.
I wouldn't mind to have a coat like that either. Very cute!
Meg, I am so impressed with all that Aubrey is doing. Those are the moments you live for as a parent - the ones that make you feel so proud of your little kiddo. Sorry to hear she's been sick. Halle always gets nasty diaper rashes after being sick too. Yuck!
Post a Comment