Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Things That Must Go

Back in the day when I was working outside of the house full time and spending a good portion of my day in the car (on the way to or from home visits), I used to listen to the morning radio show called "Radio From Hell" with Kerry, Bill, and Gina. It doesn't really have a desirable name, but it's actually not from hell...it's just a really funny show where the D.J.'s just happen to be ultra liberal. Matt is the one who actually got me hooked on it.

Anyway, every week they would do this segment called "Things That Must Go". Basically it was a chance for people to send in lists of things that really annoy them, and gripe about it. Every other Wednesday the D.J's would do their own list of things that must go, and it was always really hilarious.

Since I feel like griping...here is my list of things that must go.

-People who don't know how to drive in a round-about. Once you get in the round-about, don't stop!!

-Cashiers who want to tell you their whole life story while you're checking out. I am doing fine thank you, and yes I found everything alright...now leave me alone and bag my groceries please! You don't need to comment on any of the products I'm purchasing or tell me what you're doing this weekend.

-The View. I would rather die a slow and painful death than listen to a bunch a women talk over each other and see who can be the loudest.

-Vicky on The Biggest Loser. She is evil! After last night's show Matt said "I hope she goes home, and gets fat!" He was just being funny, but she really does make the show almost unbearable to watch.

-My baby monitor. No matter what channel I have it on it always picks up a gospel radio station, and I wake up every morning to the sounds of "Go Tell it on the Mountain."

-Milk Crumbs. You know the dried up milk bits on the mouth of the jug. I hate those things.

-People who ring my doorbell even thought I have a sign over it that says "Baby Sleeping-Please Knock." Go away winder farm people. Don't you know we're in a recession?

OK. I feel better now! Feel free to leave a comment with you're own list of things that must go!

8 comments:

Eliza said...

Aww, I miss the Radio from Hell show!

...and ditto to Vicky on the Biggest Loser (I actually just posted about that)... and to milk crumbs!

Anonymous said...

AMEN TO VICKY! She drives me nuts. I actually decided to delete Biggest Loser from the Tivo Season Pass after last night's episode, because I am so sick of the "drama." The show used to be about people working hard to change their lives while I sat in my living room, ate ice cream, and wallowed in the joy of not being screamed at by a sadistic trainer. Now it's all about the drama.

Also, I'm totally bugged by Facebook lately. I blogged about it recently.

And winter rain.

And the end of daylight saving time so it's pitch black by the time I go home from work at 5:30.

I like this post. :)

Unknown said...

Our monitor picked up the signal from our neighbors monitor a few months ago, that was creepy.

Erica said...

Vicky is crazy! I'm just so glad Bob sees it too. Karma's gonna bite her in the butt because there is no way she is going to win! Especially now that her hubby is gone! YAY :)

Jeri Hazelton said...

Things that must go:
-rain
-little, bitty spaces in my van that collects crumbs and small toys
-leaves that keep finding their way into my house

Kristyn said...

What's winder farm people? I never realized how much I hate the milk dried crumbs until you mentioned it. I DO hate them. And all crumbs in general. I hate sweeping. And bills! They MUST go!

missy. said...

ha! i loved radio from hell, now you just reminded me that i miss it...

i agree with you: the view must go. also, all housework. ALL OF IT. MUST GO.

Mrs. S said...

You're so funny! My father in law told me a story a couple years ago. They live in Vegas. I guess on one of the side roads going to their development they put in a round-about and there was this old guy that lived there (80-ish) who just couldn't get the circle. Instead of going around the circle, this guy would plow straight through, cutting people off and driving over several medians in the process, all the while giving all the other irritated drivers the one finger salute. I would have liked to have seen that!