
If there is one things I hate about this time of year...it's all the sickness that goes around. Yuck! And unfortunately it seems that Aubrey has a propensity towards the stomach flu. Last year I think she had it 2 or 3 times. And apparently we're starting early this year. It may be because she puts her mouth on everything (including the grocery cart...which I've heard is the most germ infested item on the planet). But what can ya do?
Unfortunately this means that I am usually sick just as much. Being the primary care giver and all that. But praise, praise, and hallelujah for the weekend when Matt can be here with us.
I guess it's really going around right now though. My mom told me that they actually had to close down an elementary school in the area for a few days because 60% of the kids were sick with the stomach flu. So i guess they went in and scrubbed the place down to get rid of all the germs. Gag.
I really hate being sick, and I really hate my baby being sick even more! It's especially hard because she doesn't talk. I just don't know what she needs and wants. It's all guess work. Is she crying because she's hungry or because her tummy hurts? Or is she tired? What if I mistake the cry for hunger and feed her, then she throws it all up? It's hard all around.
And the whole "pandemic flu" things really scares the crap out of me. Have you seen the commercial where the mom is holding her screaming baby and wearing a mask over her face? I have nightmares about the kind of stuff!
On that note...I'm off to use some Purell.
1 comment:
The flu never is fun. I'm not too worried about a flu pandemic because I haven't had the flu in years. I guess I'm never really around children though. Hopefully Aubrey doesn't get it again this winter.
Post a Comment