I am so glad to finally be able to write this post.
After 4 months, we've finally recieved callings at church! Matt was called to be a primary teacher in the CTR 6 class and I was called as a beehive advisor in the young womens. For any non-mormons that may read my blog, that means that Matt will be co-teaching a class of 5 and 6 year olds, and I am teaching/advising girls that are 12 and 13. So fun!
I've had a week to think about my calling before I was sustained in church today, and I've had so many feelings about it. My first response was to be so excited! This is the first family ward that I've been a member of since I was 18 years old. So primary or young women callings weren't even an option until we moved here. I knew a few of the young womens leaders, and knew what awesome women they are...so I was really excited to work with them.
Then as the week drew on I started thinking about the girls and wondering what they would be like, and what they would think of me. Then I got kinda nervous! Mainly because I tried to remember myself as a 12/13 year old girl. I came to the conclusion that if I could travel back in time and visit the 13 year old Megan, I would probably smack me in the face. My mom probably would too. 13 was not a good age for me!
But despite all of my apprehension, I could not shake the impression that this is going to be an absolute blast. And that was confirmed to me again and again at church today. The girls were all so sweet and warm, and I genuinely want to get to know them. I can't wait. And more than anything I hope that I can serve them in a way the will be effective and real and meaningful.
Also, I thought I would mention that Matt is also excited for his calling. He went today for the first time and had all these cute little stories to tell me later about the kids in his class and the funny things they say and do. Not many people know this about Matt, but he is really awesome with kids. That combined with his eternally patient soul, and you've got yourself an amazing primary teacher! I know he'll be great.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So this afternoon we were trying to think of something to pass the time before dinner and Aubrey's bed time, so we decided to go on a drive (we love us a good Sunday drive) and explore the old parts of Herriman. It was so cool! I swear every house has a barn with horses and goats and llamas. We found this little farming community all nestled up in the foothills, and it was so country. It is a secret dream of ours to someday live in the country with lots of land and maybe a horse and a goat named daisy. Can't you just see Matt as a cowboy? I can. But I digress...
So we were driving along and we saw a few deer, which was pretty exciting since you don't see deer all that often in Utah. And then we saw more. And then MORE! They were everywhere! Every house we drove past had 3 or 4 deer just chilling in their front yard. It was crazy. And we kept thinking that they would run off when we drove by...but they didn't even notice us. It was pretty funny. And it made us discuss whether we thought we would really like to live in the country with crazy deer hanging out in our front yard all the time. Then I remembered that I grew up in the middle of the woods in MI with deer in my front yard all the time...and it wasn't so bad.
Random.
But while I'm being random, I'll just add that Aubrey went to bed at 5:30 this evening.
The End.
5 comments:
how fun you get to be near family, we miss you!
you are going to be awesome in young women's. i just got released from young women's a few weeks ago. i absolutely loved my time there and being with the girls. they will love you and i know you will do a great job with them! have fun :)
yay! for YWs. You'll do fabulous! How fun for Matt to be w/the CTR 6s. That's a really fun age.
So a goat named Daisy, huh? Sounds like a good idea to me :)
You will be such a good beehive advisor! You can tell Matt that I just got called to be a CTR 6 teacher too. It's so fun having a different calling!
I wondered why I didn't see you in RS Sunday! I missed Sacrament meeting... I bet you'll love it. Tell Matt to be nice to my kiddies - that was my class the first of the year.
Post a Comment