I'm telling you, there is nothing better than a long weekend! And we had a great one. On Friday night after Aubrey went to bed Matt went out and rented the 4th Harry Potter movie (he had just finished reading the book and wanted to see how the movie compared) for us to watch together. We ate some yummy popcorn, snuggled up on the couch, and stayed up entirely to late.
Saturday we met Matt's family up at Jordanelle for some boating. We got there is the morning and it was pretty cold! For a while we all just wrapped ourselves up in beach towels to get warm, sat in some beach chairs, and chatted while we ate pirates booty. Once it finally warmed up then we were brave enough to get on the boat. It was a really nice and relaxing day. That evening we went out to dinner (note: Do not go to Abs drive-in. Very disappointing). Then after Aubrey went to bed Matt started the 5th Harry Potter book and I finished up reading The Host. (Another note: I have read so much this summer, it blows my mind. I can't even remember all the books I've read, but I'm sure it is close to 15. It's kind of wearing me out. I just picked up Life of Pi from the library, but I think once I finish that I'm taking a break from reading. Time for a new hobby!)
Sunday was a pretty normal day (except for the awesome storm that rolled in!). Church was good, the naps after church were good, and having quiet family time was good. Aubrey seemed to be a little overwhelmed on Sunday, probably a result of a lack of sleep the day before. So Matt went to Sunday dinner at his parents house and we stayed home to Aubrey could go to bed on time.
Monday we went up to visit my parents and had a great time! They fed us lunch and then took us up to Antelope Island (thanks for the inspiration, Mel!) to see the buffalo's and be out in the gorgeous day. But the time we got there the rain was gone, and the sun was shining. It was a beautiful day. We saw buffalo, coyote, and antelope! That evening we had a cook-out with more relatives, and then we came home. By the time we left Aubrey was so tuckered that she fell asleep before we even got on the freeway!
It was a great weekend. We've had an amazing summer filled with fun activities, but we are totally ready to welcome autumn!
3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a full weekend! One question though...what's pirates booty?
Yay for weekend updates! It sounds like you had a great one!
What a fun weekend..I totally think there should be many more three day weekends, they are so relaxing!
Post a Comment