This is one we've been working on for a loooong time, and one that she just wouldn't try. She fought it kicking and screaming...literally. And today she is an expert. Go figure! Learning to get herself into a sitting position from her tummy is a really important step towards crawling. You wouldn't think it is, but the way it strengthens her arms and her core will give her a new confidence, and soon she will learn to get from a sitting position into all four's. We're getting so close!
I can see this well of Independence filling up in her face, and I know that she knows that what she is doing is really cool! She is so proud of herself. If she is in the living room and I leave to go into the kitchen, it's only a matter of seconds until she rolls and scoots herself in there and pushes up to sit. And then she just laughs, because she got herself where she wanted to go, and she did it all by herself! It is amazing!
This journey as Aubrey's parents is unbelievable. It is a long windy road with so many bumps along the way. But every moment of impatience, every frustration, every desperate prayer, every tear shed, makes days like today even more triumphant. It is such a pleasure to watch Aubrey overcome obstacles, and weakness, and odds and figure it all out in her own way and in her own time.
She is such a gift. We are both so proud of her.
My cup runneth over.
7 comments:
Yay!!!!! Two "Go Aubs" in one week! That girl brings tears to my eyes! Keep up the good work!
YAY! Aubrey's accomplishments bring tears to my eyes, too - she is one super special little girl! And down right adorable, to boot.
That girl of yours makes my heart so happy! I love to read of all the accomplishments she has had in the last little while. She is a little gem!
I can't believe it! That is amazing! I bet she thinks she's the coolest thing right now. She's probably right. :)
awesome!
i'm proud of her too :)
Congrats Aubrey! What great news! Its so amazing to hear about all the progress she's made/making since you guys moved. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment