Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Zoo

I feel like I've been doing a lot of "look at the fun things we're doing" kind of posts lately. But, these things must be chronicled! So here is another one. Today the company that Matt works for threw a private party at Hogle Zoo for all of its employees and their families. It included a free dinner, train rides, carousel rides, an after hours bird show, and tons of time to see the animals without having to fight huge crowds. It was hotter than heck, but we still had an absolute blast! We didn't take very many pictures, but we did get a few good ones.




Aubrey stayed up way past her bedtime, but she did great and was quite happy to be entertained by all the animals. She loved her first visit to the Zoo, and so did we.

6 comments:

Kristyn said...

What fun! I'm so glad you guys had a great time. The zoo is always a blast - too bad it was so dang hot though! And by the way, I apologize, but I just got fully caught up on your happenings, and wanted to add that your home is just stunning! The curb appeal is fantastic and it seems like you guys are in seriously the most perfect neighborhood. Everything like that out here was either too far away from Paul's work or waaaay out of our price range. What I would give to have that "Mayberry" feel! So congrats and I hope you get to know some awesome people really soon. I have no doubt you will.

Carolyn said...

What a great company perk! How fun.

Two Dot Crew said...

Megan! I need your phone number...please, please, please!!!
Susan

Amy Jane said...

Looks like so much fun! I wish the company I work for was that loving. :)

Anonymous said...

fun...the baby is very cute.kisses

Ann said...

Ha! You and Aubrey must have the same taste Halle and I do. Halle has the exact same shirt Aubrey does, and I have te same shirt you are wearing Meg, only red. They say great minds think alike! It looks like you had a great time at the zoo. We're taking the kids in a few weeks and I can't wait.