Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pioneer Day/Birthday

Good Gravy! It has been quite a weekend. I have always had the best birthdays in Utah, because it conveniently coincides with the Pioneer Day celebrations. So it always feels like there are extra celebrations and reasons to play! It's especially great because Matty always gets Pioneer Day off from work. So here is a boatload of pictures from our weekend.

It all started on Thursday with our first family hike. It was largely unsuccessful because Bree really hated the backpack carrier, but we still had a fun time.


Afterwards we went over and visited Grandma N. Bree got all loved up and we got fed!
Then on Friday my parents came over to babysit Bree while Matt took me on my birthday date.
We had dinner at The Market Street Grill, and then Matt gave me a birthday wish by going to "Momma Mia" with me:) What a good man!
On Saturday we went to the Lake with Matt's family.


Aubrey had her very first ride on the boat, and she loved it! She didn't even seem to mind wearing the neck brace like life jacket! She's such a trooper.


Unfortunately the water was too choppy for skiing or wake boarding, but we still had a blast tubing!

Action shot!

It was finished off tonight with a lovely birthday dinner and Matt's parent's house tonight, and now I'm ready for a long bubble bath. It was the perfect summer weekend, and the perfect way to celebrate my 25th birthday!

The End.

8 comments:

Eliza said...

Happy half-a-half a century!!

Rachael said...

your hair is so cute! i love the sideswept bangs.

and as one end of july birthday to another--happy birthday!!!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Megan!! It looks like you had a great weekend. I was talking to my dad last week and he said, "You want to go boating on Saturday?" Mean, mean Dad! I wish I could have been there. Aubrey looks adorable in those sunglasses.

Nilla said...

Happy Birthday! Aubrey is sitting up so well! (I know you know this, but it's been neat to see her progress, and I'm so happy for you guys!)

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Meg! So, I'm a lame friend and don't know what the exact date of your birthday is, but if it's on the 25th, then you turned 25 on the 25th. If it's not on the 25th, then your birthday is cool regardless and you can ignore my lame comment.

missy. said...

happy birthday megan!!

Taylor said...

Happy birthday! What a fun weekend!

Two Dot Crew said...

Happy Birthday Megan...I need your phone number!!! Email it to me please at twodotirrigation@gmail.com
Thanks so much!
Susan