Let me just start off this post by saying how excited we are about moving to our new house. We really are so thrilled! We closed on the house today, and it was a surprisingly great experience. It was quick and painless (although I almost got a cramp in my hand from signing all those papers!), and we left feeling more confident then ever. We move in on Saturday!
Now, can I just say how much I hate packing? I think I've said that before...but I'll say it again. Packing sucks. Packing with a needy, teething, non-napping 15month old? Awful. I really don't know how women with more than one child can do it.
Thankfully my mom was able to come and help for a while yesterday. That woman is a working machine! When she left I had a moment of dejavu from the time she left after Aubrey was born...where I kind of felt like "now what am I supposed to do?" Except this time I didn't cry for 24 hours straight after she was gone. I didn't cry at all actually!
The most frustrating part though is that every night after I've gone to bed I remember a bunch of stuff I need to do. In an effort not to forget anything I get up and make a list. Then the next day after I've checked everything off the list I remember 10 more things I need to do. It's a vicious cycle. Isn't that life?
Matt has been wonderful. He usually gets a big burst of energy from about 8pm to 11pm. But by about 10pm I've usually hit my wall. So he'll keep working while I "supervise" or provide "moral support". Really what I do is lay on the floor next to where he's working and ask questions about the origins of dust. Then he laughs at me because I get pretty loopy when I'm that tired. What would I do without him?
Speaking of loopy...it's about 11:45 pm and my body shut down about 30 minutes ago. Peace out.
14 comments:
congrats on closing on the house! What exciting news! And I had to laugh about packing, because I remember doing that with Abigail...oh man. We were finding things in the oddest places that she'd "helped" pack for months afterwards. My favorite: a block that was missing for EIGHTEEN months.
And btw, I LOVE your new blog header! It made my heart melt--so adorable.
Love the picture at the top where yor title is. That is so cute. Good luck with all that packing! You're right... it stinks to have to pack. But, you probably won't have to do that again for a while, since you will own your own home!!!
I have to agree that packing is the worst punishment on the planet! But it's so great to close on a house. You're a homeowner! Congrats!
First of all i love your new blog template and the picture. Second of all I'm so excited for you guys...and also i'm going to miss you. Thanks for being a good friend!
Yay! Mother/Daughter Sausage Toes!
Also, dust comes from human skin cells. At least that's what I heard once.
AH! I love your new template, too! :) And, of course, the picture on top. ;) I actually cropped that picture with the intent to use it on the top of my photo blog! So bravo. :) I will miss y'all too! Especially Aubrey's happy face in nursery!
I love loopy.
Congrats on the new house! Post pictures as soon as you get a chance to breathe!!!
Congrats on closing on your house! I saw the pics of Aubree on Lauren's blog and they are wonderful! She is such a beauty! You all are. Such a great looking family.
Love the new pic! It's so adorable. As for the house-CONGRATS! I'm pretty jealous, but in a good way ;). Make sure you post pics for me to drool over as soon as you settle in.
PS-there's nothing wrong w/a little loopiness every once in a while. It keeps things interesting.
That's exciting that you closed on your house. Moving to your own place would be the greatest feeling although the actual moving part isn't that fun. Good luck tomorrow. If you need any help moving, let me know, we're happy to help.
congrats, you guys are so cute. your lil baby is growing up. we are mommies...wow! amazing work that we do, so monotonous yet so glorious! I miss you megan.
i love loopy too. :)
and i saw the pictures on Melanie's blog, and you look beautiful in them. just thought i'd let you know!
congrats on the closing of your first humongous purchase. one day, that will be us. who knows when. ugh.
and good luck with the move. as awful as packing is, changes can be so exciting, and this one is a BIG time change! good luck and i hope you enjoy your new place and ward as much as your current one! i'm sure you will!
wow I love the new background, love the new head pic and the post! you guys are so blessed to being able to get a home, that is so awesome!
if you need ANY help at all, let me know :)
Post a Comment