Hello blogging world! We still don't have our internet hooked up in our new house. That's why I haven't posted in so long (and it's been killing me). Right now I'm sitting in a corner of my bedroom stealing an unsecured wireless signal...and praying I don't lose it!
So here is a quick update. We've been in our house for a little over a week, and it's been great. The first day was really challenging for Aubrey, but since then she's adjusted beautifully! She is right back to her normal schedule, and seems very happy here. We've gone to the splash pool a couple of times, and gone for a lot of early morning walks (before it gets too hot).
It sure is different living somewhere and not knowing where things are, and not knowing your neighbors. I really miss having friends close by to visit during the day, and playgroup to go to twice a week. But we were able to meet a lot of people at church on Sunday. We had a great experience in our new ward! Everyone was so friendly and anxious to introduce themselves. Our ward has 4 nursery's! So there are a ton of young families, and we're really excited to get to know everyone.
I'm really enjoying the perks of living in a house. I do at least one load of laundry everyday, and I always kiss my dishwasher goodnight! Not really, but I sure do love it. I'm taking my decorating slowly, one because it's expensive, and two because I'm really not the good at it and I don't want to make some rash decorating decisions that I'll come to regret later.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting back into the blogging scene. I'm anxious to keep in touch with everyone and catch up on everyone else's lives. (P.S. S you had your baby! Congrats!)
9 comments:
Finally is right! I seriously kept wondering what was going on with you, and realized that I am totally addicted to you!!! Anyways... glad that you have moved in and adjusting is in progress!
p.s. love the blog look!
I'm glad to hear the move went well and Aubrey's adjusting. It's fun to be in a new place meeting new people. Good luck with unpacking and getting your internet all set.
Megan, I've been checking your blog usually twice a day waiting for you to post again and so I can see some pictures of your place. I'm happy to hear everything is going well and I can agree with you about kissing your dishwasher good night. That was one of my most favorite things about moving into our first house. 4 nurseries! There are 4 sunbeam classes in our ward here in Iowa City and I think they may be having to make one more. Good luck with the decorating. I know it may not be good to have your mother-in-law help out with decorating (I'm not sure I could handle that myself) but my mom really has an eye for spacing things in rooms and on walls. She's changed some of my rooms around in ways I never would have thought of and they looked much better than how I had done them. I'm actually looking forward to her coming here and moving things around, but then she's my mom so its a little easier to take.
FOUR NURSERIES!? That's insane! How fun though! I'm jealous of your house. :)
Amen to that, I've seen two nurseries, but never four! Craziness. I'm glad the move went well :)
Yay you are all settled in! One of these days you need to have a housewarming and we can go visit! that'd be so nice! :)
hugs!
So exciting! I'm sure you'll make great friends in no time! And it sounds like you're in a fantastic ward. Can't wait to see pics when you've got the time.
I am so jealous you are in a new house! Mine is still being built. I can totally relate to you about being in a new place where you don't know anyone, where anything is, etc. We are in Arizona now and I am experiencing the very thing you are. Where did you guys move to?
Yay for post from Megan:)I checked your blog like 2-3 times a day waiting for your first post. I'm happy for you guys. And miss you as well. Post pictures of the house when you have a chance. And say hi to your cute and sweet Aubrey for me:)Love
Post a Comment