Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tid-Bits


It can easily be said that I have been suffering from a major case of blogger's block lately. It could be because there isn't a whole lot going on right now. My life has been pretty uneventful lately...and that's OK sometimes! But in an effort to get the writing juices flowing again, I think I'll just write a few random tid-bits about life lately.

-Just to give an update on the sleep-training post I wrote a while ago...Well, it's been getting better for sure. Two nights this week Aubrey has gone right to bed without crying at all, and stayed asleep all night. Wahoo!

-Aubrey went to nursery for the first time last week. I wouldn't call it successful, though:( This little girl has been SO clingy lately. She didn't want me to put her down, and she really didn't want any of the nursery leaders to hold her or play with her. We stayed for the first block, but then I took her to relief society with me because I figured if I was going to have to hold her the whole time I might as well get some spiritual nourishment too! But, I'm going to try again next week. I think I'll just leave this time though...and tell the leaders to come get me if she's still crying after 10-15 minutes. I don't know what else to do!

-My bro was in town yesterday, and it was so nice to get the chance to hang out with him. He took us out to dinner last night (mmmm...cafe' rio pork enchiladas) and went for a walk with Aubrey and I. I miss having him so close (used to live in Provo), but now we have a good excuse to go to Seattle!

-Bree went to physical therapy today, and it went really well. Ben was so happy with all the progress she's made lately, and had nothing but praise for her and I. It was SO nice to hear him be so positive! (Not that he's usually negative, but he was especially proud of Aubrey today) It's hard for me to see her progress sometimes because I'm with her all day everyday, and because I carry a lot of emotional "stuff" with me about her condition. It's so easy to get discouraged and down...but the truth is that she really is doing great!!!

-Matt and I have been spending so much time looking at houses, talking about houses, dreaming about houses, praying about houses, etc. I never thought that making this decision would be so stressful! But when you think about it...this really is the most expensive purchase a person makes. It's so scary and exciting. Sometimes I just think "I am so ready to get out of here and into my own home!" But other times I just think "We're young! We only have one kid! Let's just rent a little while longer!" I really do change my mind just about every day. But, we'll be looking again this weekend:)

-Watched American Idol tonight. Very pleased with the outcome. David Cook is the clear winner to me.

-MNO tomorrow. Very excited as always...but also sad that Matt will get to watch the Lost Season Finale without me. Stinker! But that's why we have online episodes, right?

Wow. For life being pretty "uneventful", this sure ended up being a long post! See? Just needed to get the juices flowing!

4 comments:

beapinkal said...

Is it really the last episode of Lost tonight? So sad!!! You can watch it tonoght i think. It starts @9pm and I really need to get home a little bit before that to ut Bence down. He doesn't sleep if i'm not home. (One thing that I need to change soon:))
And also good luck to find a house.

Melanie said...

Yay for random posts! It is amazing to see Aubrey's progress as an outsider- you have every reason to be proud! And I'm with you with David Cook- I really hope he wins!

Love that little tongue!

Unknown said...

Yay David Cook! I am so with you. I think it is a good idea to test and see if Aubrey will stop crying for nursery after some minutes. I am glad she is doing so well. Have fun at MNO! I think I should go out tonight to Applebees (we don't have a chiles) and pretend I am with you guys! :)

whitney said...

Yay! for Aubrey's progress. That's so exciting! Hopefully nursery works out-it's only like the best thing ever. Good luck w/all the housing stuff. I can't even wait until we're ready to buy a house, but you're right-it's a super-big decision. With another two years or so of renting ahead of us, we've got plenty of time to consider our options:P