Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Run-Down

Whew! We had one crazy weekend! Here's the run-down.

On Friday night after Aubrey went to bed Matt and I watched The Kite Runner and ate ice cream. I love date nights, but cuddling up on the couch with my hubby and a pint of Ben & Jerry's Carmel Sutra is always great! The movie was really good, but of course I recommend reading the book first. We kept having to pause so I could explain things to Matt that aren't necessarily made clear in the movie. If you're looking for a real "feel good" kind of show, this isn't for you. But it is a wonderful tale of redemption!

On Saturday we did some more house hunting. And it went really well! We found the perfect home, in the perfect location, and within our desired price-range! It's actually a town-home (I know I know, I said before that they were too small. I am humbled.) It was built 3 years ago, has 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms. It was our favorite of every house we saw that day. When we went home we just couldn't stop talking about how perfect it was. More on this later.

After our House hunting we were hungry so we had a nice lunch at Apple bees where I had the yummiest California shrimp salad. It was so good that I'm still thinking about it!

On Sunday we drove up north to see (and for Matt to participate in) my cousin's baby blessing. We had a good time hanging out and relaxing with family. My aunt fixed a big glorious meal, and we left that evening full of food and love!

After much thinking and conversing about this great home we'd found, we decided we needed to see it again with our parents. So yesterday both my mom and dad and Matt's mom and dad met us at the house for a walk through. The poor realtor probably felt like we were having a family reunion rather than a walk through! But I took it as a good sign that we all felt so at home there. Of course all the men spent a good chunk of time checking the important things like outlets, plumbing, air conditioning (air conditioning!), filters, etc. Us women discussed decorating ideas.

Basically we spent most of our weekend in the car. And with the price of gas these days....OUCH! We set a new record by spending $53 dollars to fill up. Yikes.

So tomorrow evening we're meeting with the realtor again to make an offer on this house. Hopefully, if it all goes well we'll be in a new home by the end of June!!!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

That's so exciting! I can't wait until we are settled enough to buy a home too. I hope that everythings goes well.

Nat said...

Wow! Congratulations! That's really exciting that you found one you love so much.

Nilla said...

Congrats on finding a house you love and that fits your price range! I chucked when you exclaimed that about air conditioning... I'm not sure if it's because you don't usually have it??? Or need it??? Living in Alabama, it's a necessity! It will be weird to live in WA where they don't come with central heat and air as a standard!

Also, I've created a category on my blog for people I don't really "know" but whom I "blog-stalk." Mind if I add your blog to that list on mine?

missy. said...

that is soooo exciting! keep us posted; if you really do get in there by the end of june, that means we'll be able to come see your new house when we're out there the first week of july!

Erica said...

Wow! What a weekend! Sounds exciting and lots of fun. I can't wait to hear more about your house :)

beapinkal said...

Wow! What a cool weekend! I'm so excited for your new home:) I hope you'll get it. Aubrey is so cute as she was standing at the chair. She is growing so fast. Cute little princess:)

oh one more thing. Could you send me those pics that you took on my party:)? beapinkal@gmail.com
Thanks!

Sally said...

It was so good to see you guys this weekend. Good luck with the house. I hope you get it!

Unknown said...

Wow! a house! That is so exciting. Congrats

Kika VilaNova said...

Yay! I hope it all works out great for you guys! :)

Trevor and I were thinking about getting a house but we are so "bipolar", we always change our minds! :)

hugs hugs and keep us updated on the house news :)

Lauren Davison said...

How exciting! I'm so jealous! I've been wanting a place I can actually DECORATE! :) And I think town homes are fun!