Thursday, May 29, 2008

Old

This evening I came across an old photo album that had a bunch of pictures of Matt and I from when we were dating. It was the first time I've ever looked at them and thought "Wow. We look so young in these pictures!"

Translation: "We look old now!"

Lately I've been having some joint problems. My knee's are bad, and my wrists are always killing me. I keep telling myself it's because I carry around a 24 pound toddler all day long.

My dad has always had bad knees, and he always does this thing when he's sitting where he has to straighten out his leg and kind of pop his knee.

Tonight when we were watching Lost (season finale!) I did the same knee popping motion probably 12 times.

And did you know that this December Matt and I will have our 5th Christmas as a married couple?

And I graduated from college 3 years ago!

Translation: I feel really old today.

10 comments:

Matt Armstrong said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I have been out of high school for 12 years, out of college for five, and I'm still single!

And, I just heard on the radio that living alone will shorten your life by as much as smoking cigarettes will. Fantastic.

Also, I need to hear how it goes with the offer on the new house.

Nilla said...

I feel your pain, Megan, I feel your pain.

Nat said...

Wow, really? This whole time I thought you were my age (22) if that helps any. . .

beapinkal said...

Oh Megan!!! Just remember my age and you will feel better:) How did you like Lost? We should talk about it!!!
Have a great day! And I also wanted to tell you that if you ever bord just come over and hang out with us:) And about the video... I was wondering if you could bring over you little card so I could copy it to my computer!

Erica said...

I'm with ya sista!

Unknown said...

How old are you? (just wondering, I realized that I don't think that I know.) I've been feeling older too lately, but maybe it's because I've had gray hair since I was 21 yrs. old!

Kristin Hanson said...

That's funny - I've been graduated for four years and I don't feel old, until I say my age...

Yup, Evie adores her crib. She gets excited when she sees it :)

Kristin Hanson said...

...graduated from college, that is

Kika VilaNova said...

You so don't look older than 21! Seriously :)
And I have bad knees too! actually I need surgery on BOTH knees but my insurance doesn't take the doctor I want to perform the surgery anymore and I am afraid of having a random doctor do it, so I am surviving. if you want I can teach you some exercises that REALLY help because they strengthen the muscles around the knees... And if you run or jog, stop that, try to do aqua aerobics, it has no impact and it does strengthen your muscles. Or just use the ellyptical :)

Ok that was kika the knee problems know it all speaking :)

hope it helps!

hugs!!

Rachel said...

The other day I went running and my hip was so sore afterwards. It made me feel really old. I can't believe you've been married almost 5 years!