We had a pretty good weekend. Of course there was the trip to Ikea on Friday. On Saturday we did a bunch of stuff around the house, went to the BYU art museum together, and then some very nice friends from the ward came over to babysit (listen to the baby monitor while watching movies because Bree was asleep) so Matt and I could go out on a date. We decided to go to a movie since we haven't done that in a really long time. We saw Juno, and loved it. Warning: the language isn't great. However, the story really struck me. There were points where I was laughing so hard, and other points where I couldn't stop the tears. It was great! Yesterday after church my mom and dad came over for dinner. Except they cooked for us, instead of us cooking for them. Aren't they nice? I sure do like them:)
On a completely unrelated note, I've been having a reocurring dream lately. I've had the same dream my entire life, just in different forms. The dream goes like this. I'm in college, and it's finals week. I wake up and get ready, and as I'm walking to class I remember that I'm signed up for an english class that I haven't gone to for months. I'm suddenly struck with the horror that I have to take a final for this class that I am totally unprepared for. I start thinking of all these things that I could possibly do to get out of it, or shlep my way through it. I think about how disappointed my parents will be when I don't pass the class. It's totally stressful. The I wake up and after a few minutes realize "wait...I graduated almost 3 years ago!". Sometimes the dream is about me forgetting my locker combination, or forgetting the lines of a play I'm in. The basic theme is me being unprepared. What's up with that?
Yesterday I was "blurking" and came across this awesome talk entitled "Body and Soul...Feeling Fit and Fabulous". Matt and I watched it together and decided that we are going to get fit and fabulous together! We've both just been feeling really "blah" lately. Lack of energy, lack of good nutrition, lack of movement, etc. So we're really excited! Watch it...it's good.
The End
8 comments:
I love IKEA! We should do a Mommies Night Out to IKEA! Dreams are just plain weird. As far as your dream goes, it probably means you're going to turn into a mushroom or something.
ok, i have that same dream all the time--I'm totally berserk about never even having attended the class, etc. For me it's always a history class (something I never even took in college!) or something where I should have spent the entire semester memorizing teeny little facts. And then I wake up and realize...nope.
What's "blurking"?
Hehe. Blurking is when you are looking at someone's blog that you don't know. I this case I was blurking (lurking) Kandace Nelson's blog. I do actually know her, but she doesn't know that I look at her blog. It's totally immature and stupid, huh?
Blurking. Hah, I've learned a new word. So I watched a morning show one time with a "dream doctor" or something. They said when you have dreams like that you are anxious about something. Nothing specific; I'm pretty sure we're all anxious about something in our huge lives every day. But actually I've noticed it to be true since I watched that show.
I have that exact same dream ALL the time. I hate waking up and feeling like I've totally dropped the ball and forgotten about a class for three months.
And I graduated from college in 2003...
You know, dreams like that must be common among the post-graduated. I don't remember having a dream like that while I was actually IN school, but ever since I graduated in August I've been having this dream every few weeks where I'm in the MARB. . .but it doesn't really look like the MARB, I just know it is, and I can't find my next class. . .
I've totally have that sort of dream all the time! I'm always stressed about something, so I'm not at all suprised that it came through in my dreams!
Post a Comment