I waited until Matt got home from work so I could go grocery shopping on my own. I was seeking a leisurely trip to the store without worrying if Aubrey was tired or hungry or poopy. I wanted to take my time. I made my meal plan, organized my grocery list, and as I was opening the door Matt said "can we go with you?"
Me: What?
Matt: Can we come to the store with you?
Me: But...I waited all day for you to get home...so I could go by myself!
Matt: I promise we'll be good! Come on, it's family night!
Me: Fine.
And it was lovely. We should do it more often! The "divide and conquer" approach to grocery shopping saves a lot of time! Plus it was kinda cute that my hubby actually wanted to spend time with me, even if it was doing something mundane like grocery shopping. I think I'll keep him:)
And things just kept getting better. As a part of my new found fabulousity I've decided I want to do yoga every evening (are you proud of me Missy?). Matt even committed to doing it with me, if you can believe that! So last night at 9:00 we turned off the computer, turned off the t.v., turned down the lights, and prepared to quiet our minds.
Let me tell ya, it's pretty hard to quiet one's mind while watching their incredibly non-flexible husband (who has donned a pair of 10 year old sweat pants with a hole in the crotch) try to do a downward facing dog. But somehow it did the trick. We were in bed by 10 pm and I was out like a light. No tossing and turning, no iPod listening, no replaying of the days events. A quiet mind is a beautiful thing.
5 comments:
hey! awesome! good for you :) i love yoga, although i should do it more...
Oooo, I'm very impressed! I've always meant to get into yoga, but it just never seems to happen. I love going grocery shopping absolutely alone too-but going w/a cute hubby isn't too bad either.
I love the grocery store story! How cute is that. I love doing little everyday things when Neal can go with me.
your husband is a gem. mine just laughs at me when i do yoga, then he does some insane balancing move like crow just to prove he can and i can't, then he just laughs at me again.
and i LOVE grocery shopping with my hubby. it's one of my favorites. we laugh our way through the whole store.
Dan and I do the divide and conquer method a lot. It really is much more efficient. Plus, I hate shopping alone.
Post a Comment