So, the moral of the story is: Go to Ikea, but bring your walking shoes and a compass:)
"With Lucifer beneath you, and God above, when either one of them asks you what you're living of...say love." -The Avett Brothers
Friday, February 15, 2008
Ikea
We went to Ikea tonight, and had so much fun! I had been eyeing this bedspread online for a few weeks, and decided that since it was only $30 I would finally just go buy it. Eventually we would like to buy a headboard/footboard we've seen there...but not yet!
I have a love/hate relationship with Ikea. I definitely love their prices. I love the experience of shopping at Ikea (what can I say...it's exciting!). And as we discovered tonight, I love eating at Ikea (mmmm, sweedish meatballs. even Bree loved them)! But I also really dislike a few things about Ikea. The thing I hate the most is the size. It's SO huge! By the end of our shopping experience I felt like I had just walked 10 miles, and the layout is so confusing to me! I know thats what all the signs and arrows are for, but for anyone who knows about my sense of direction...I could get lost in my own house. It took soooo long to get to the places we wanted to go. I felt like we had to walk through the whole store just to get to the beds, and then we had to walk all the way through to get to the bedding, and then aaaallll the way back to check out. I kept asking Matt "Where are we? Where are the elevators? How long until we get to the bedding? How do we get back? Wait, are we upstairs or downsatirs?". It's a good thing we were together, else I might still be there!
So, the moral of the story is: Go to Ikea, but bring your walking shoes and a compass:)
So, the moral of the story is: Go to Ikea, but bring your walking shoes and a compass:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I just got the exact same duvet cover last month! I'm mixing mine with red pillowcases. Enjoy!
--Jay
Oooh! We were thinking about getting red sheets for a splash of color! Great minds think alike!
So fun to get new things. I've never been to Ikea. Those chocolates below are making me have a preggo craving.
I really like your Ikea purchase! I have the same feelings about Ikea. I reserve my visits there to about once a year for furniture shopping. and as often as I can for the food! I definitely never have a problem finding the food! Oh you are making me have a craving.
Oooo, I love it! So pretty. I'm in the market for a new bedspread, so I'll definitely have to look online at Ikea (since we don't have one anywhere near us). I second the red sheets-so pretty!
IKEA tries to trap you in their store on purpose. You really do have to walk through the whole store to get out. You can take some short cuts though that make it a bit faster. They just want you to stay longer and buy more stuff. I do like to got there though, it's fun to look at things and imagine your own house.
So fun! I wish our IKEA was just a tad closer. We don't get there much but love to look at EVERYTHING when we do! I want a new bed spread as well, so I'll have to take a browse :)
Post a Comment