Sunday, January 27, 2008

Wish Us Luck!

I haven't been posting as much lately as I have in the past. There are lots of reasons why. Mainly it's because Matt has been taking the laptop to school with him, and because Bree has been sick. It seems that the less I blog, the harder it is for me to think of things to blog about. Back when I was posting daily I felt like I always had things to blog about. Well, maybe my life is just getting a little boring:)

We're getting all ready for Aubrey's MRI tomorrow. There is still a chance that it won't happen, though. We have to call in the morning and update them on her cold. They need to make sure she is a good candidate for the sedation before they have us drive all the way there. But we're crossing our fingers and praying that we can go through with it.

Matt gave Bree a blessing tonight before she went to bed. It was really sweet (although she was extremely wiggly and didn't really want him to touch her head:). I'll share one part that was especially touching. I can't remember the exact wording, but it was something along the lines of "bless your body to function the way your spirit needs it to." I guess I just liked that so much because I feel like Aubrey's spirit is so vibrant and bright. And despite what her physical capabilities will be in life, that will always be true! She radiates:)

Tomorrow may be a rough day. Poor Bree can't eat anything after 8 am. Between 8 am and 12 pm she can have clear liquids, and after noon she can't have anything:( Of course I'm worried about her being really hungry and cranky. Shoot, I get super cranky when I haven't eaten! Then at 2 pm she will be sedated, and the actual scan will happen at 3 pm. They said she should be out for about 2-3 hours, and only one adult in allowed in the recovery room, so Matt will have to wait in a waiting room. *sigh*

This is the first step in getting the answers we've been praying for! Wish us luck!

5 comments:

Eliza said...

oh, that made me all misty moisty, what a tender blessing. You are in my prayers tonight. Aubrey is a champion and I hope everything goes smoothly for all of you.

It's Miller Time said...

Good Luck you guys! I don't really know you guys but I love to read your cute blog and I think you and your sweet girl are so amazing. I hope everything goes well for her tomorrow, she'll be in my prayers!

Aubrey said...

I will keep you guys in my prayers! I hope all goes well.

Unknown said...

wow! good luck... even making it through all of the not eating and preparation stuff sounds hard enough! Aubrey is such a sweet little girl, hope everything goes well.

Melanie said...

Good luck, guys! We will be thinking of you and praying for you all day. We're hoping to hear good news soon!