Monday, January 28, 2008

So Much To Say

Funny. I started my last post by talking about how I don't have much to blog about these days. And then BAM, all of a sudden I can't keep it all from rushing out into a jumbled blog mess. I'll try to keep it all coherent.

First, I was very sad to hear the news of President Hinkley's death yesterday evening. My mom called to see if we had heard the news, which we hadn't. I was caught so off-guard. Although I knew President Hinkley was getting old and wasn't in good health, somehow it felt like he would live forever! Considering that he has been the prophet for nearly half of my life, I felt almost as if I had lost a close loved one. "My" prophet. But what a happy day it must have been for him to be surrounded by his family, and on his way to see his precious wife. He will be deeply missed, and we hope we can pay our respects somehow this week.

Today we braved the storm to go to Primary Children's Medical Center for Aubrey's MRI. Getting there was quite the experience. It's a good thing we left early. The weather was fine here, but by the time we got to the point of the mountain it was a complete white-out. At one point we saw all these cars pulled off to the side of the road and I think we were the only people still driving for several miles. In my head I kept thinking about how I should have brought more formula and food and diapers just in case. But thankfully we made it there just in time after a quick stop at the in-laws.

Being at PCMC was an experience I won't soon forget (but I'll expound on that more later). All in all, everything went well. I think the hardest part was when they gave Bree the IV. Matt had to hold her while I left the room and had myself a nice little cry. But Bree was so brave and only cried for a few minutes. After that she was so intrigued by the funny thing poking out of her hand, and she just wanted to chew on it! It was also hard when they actually gave her the anesthesia. I held her while she fell asleep, and then they took her and we watched as they put her in the MRI machine. The scan was about 30 minutes, and then she woke up starving about an hour and a half later. She's still a little groggy and loopy from the medicine, but she should be back to normal within the next 24 hours. We'll get the results of the scan in the morning.

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes and prayers.

1 comment:

Mrs. H said...

That must have been very hard to watch Bree go through that. Anesthesia grogginess is the worst. After I had Caleb, I wasn't myself until the next day. Hope you get your answers.