Friday, January 25, 2008

Dear Dishes

Oh, dirty dishes. You are the bane of my existence. The pebble in my shoe. The rain on my parade of cleaning. The never-ending chore.
I hate you.
But today...today I will be victorious. I will rid my kitchen of your foul odor. You will no longer occupy my sink, counters, and stove. You will be soaked, scrubbed, and dried. Go back to where you belong, among your own people in the cupboards. I don't ever want to see you again.
Until dinner.
And then I will hate you again.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Tee hee. I hate dishes, too. I'm guessing that a dishwasher is on your list of must-haves in your next home. I know I'll never go without one again. How's Aubrey today? Leah is a beast!

Megan said...

Melanie, yes. I WILL have a dishwasher in my next place...

And, Aubrey is doing ok. She didn't sleep well last night, so niether did I. We're both still in our jammies:)

missy. said...

amen.

Eliza said...

yes, a dishwasher in Georgia is a MUST!! I would clean a toilet bowl any day over doing those blasted dishes.

I feel your pain but you go get'em.

Unknown said...

ha ha... I think this poem needs to be published, it's that good :)

Erica said...

True True True. I love it- the poem that is, not the dishes. Even with a dishwasher I don't think it ever ends :)

Mrs. S said...

Ewwwee...I hate dishes....I wish they would do themselves...