So, we had a great weekend. Matt's birthday was (at least in my eyes) a smashing success. On Saturday night we went to dinner at our favorite place, and then had a few friends over for games afterwards. Oh, and did I mention Better Than Sex Cake? It was great fun! We stayed up entirely too late and laughed our hind ends off. Sunday was just a typical Sunday...but only better because there was no work or school the next day! On Monday morning I got up earlier than I would like to remember in order to make Matt a yummy warm breakfast in bed before his long day of skiing. And, to top it off he woke up to a snowy wonderland. What a lucky guy to get fresh powder on his birthday! We finished the day off cuddling on the couch with warm pizza and a new set of 24 DVDs. Happy birthday, Matty!
We are just feeling really blessed right now. It seems like heavenly father has been really watching out for us and answering our prayers the past few days. It just seems that in our fight to get insurance back he has opened so many doors to us and helped us with every step along the way. There have been so many kind people who have been sympathetic to our situation and gone out of their way to help us in any way (and I'm not talking about the folks at Blue Cross/Blue Shield). We know that it is still unlikely that we will get our insurance re-instated, but at least we know we've done everything we can do.
As a result of all of these blessings, we were able to schedule Aubrey's MRI for this Monday the 28th! We are still a bit nervous since she has to be sedated, but we're so thankful to finally start the testing process. What a relief to know that there could be some answers coming our way!
Also, over the past few days I think I've heard Matt say "I am SO ready to graduate" about 50 times. Up to this point he's been really patient about his schooling, but something seems to have changed within him. It's kinda cute:). Perhaps it's the constant homework. Maybe it's a result of working out in the freezing, snowy weather (instead of in the office where he'll be after graduation). Either way, he's getting really excited...and so am I!
And lastly, I feel I can't end this post without saying something about Aubrey:) Her second top tooth finally broke through yesterday and she is remarkably happier today. She is continuing to sit for longer periods of time. And sadly, she has the worst diaper rash ever:( We don't have much experience in dealing with diaper rash around here. I've just been letting her air out between changes and keeping the butt cream on. Any other tips would be appreciated!
6 comments:
Tyson used to have the worst constant diaper rash. We were even using Desitin (sp). Which I heard was the best butt paste. We use it now and it works, but at the time he needed it to dry out. We decided to try baby powder and it worked like a charm. Seriously just cover her rear in baby powder. It really helps dry up those raw rashes. good luck
I'm so glad Matt's birthdya went so well. Sounds like fun. And it's got to be a relief to have an appointment for Aubrey's MRI. I know you worry about the sedation, but just imagine how miserable she'd be if they didn't! Halle had to get a series of tests when she was only a few months old. It was very nerve racking, but it was nice to get some answers. I'm sure you are feeling the same about Aubrey's tests. We know everything will work out for you!
We've had a constant battle w/ diaper rash with Hyrum. We've tried every kind of cream... no luck. Finally I decided to see if the baby powder that's been floating around forever would work. AND IT DID! YAH for baby powder. Give it a shot. IT only works if you use it for every diaper change though. GOod luck! (And I'm so glad to hear the birthday celebration was a success!)
I found that vaseline works better for Peter's diaper rashes than any diaper rash cream... also the free bumb air time too.
I hope all goes well with Aubrey's MRI. I'll remember you in my prayers for sure on Monday.
Is it a diaper rash, or a yeast infection? Generally, a diaper rash will go away within 2 days, if not, it's likely yeast (and yeast will easily infect an existing diaper rash). You can tell it's yeast if there's lots of little red bumps, or the bumps look like little pustules, or if it's starting to really extend and grow out past the original site (in my experience, it would move upwards and outwards towards the stomach and thighs).
If it's a yeast infection, it won't get better without antibiotic-type treatment, which fortunately, is quite simple: anti-fungal cream, like what you'd use to treat athlete's foot. My doctor prescribed the brand name Lotrimin, but said the generic was fine (which I would highly recommend because it's about a tenth of the price). essentially, you put the anti-fungal cream on their little backsides after making sure it's COMPLETELY dry, and then top it off with a layer of Desitin.
Hey Megs!!! Do I miss you or what?!?! :) you are so fun as usual (love the ski goggles and gloves!!!!) LOL You are hilarious! I am do glad Matt had a great bday! No worries about the falling- Hannah has crashed quite a bit too...life happens. Just wanted to let you know we will pray for your sweet Aubrey Monday and GUESS WHAT???? Jay is also getting an MRI on Monday- the doctor noticed his facial paralysis is getting bad again. I too am nervous. I love you and will be going through similar emotions as you on Monday! Everything will be ok! God Bless your sweet family! I am crying! I wish I could hug you now cause I know you would understand.
Post a Comment