Today I was reading my brother's blog and he wrote a nice little entry about being grateful for his job. It reminded me that I have a lot to be grateful for as well.
Today I am thankful that I have the chance to stay home with my sweet baby. I love the little things like blowing raspberries on her tummy when I change her diaper, singing to her about Jesus, snuggling with her when she wakes up from her nap, and watching her roll around discovering new things to play with. Today her new find was the camera case...it makes for wonderful chewing!
Today I am thankful for a husband that loves his family enough to get up at 6 am, ride his bike in a snow storm to school, then work in the cold and snowy weather for 6 hours, go back to school, and ride his bike back home. He came home and showered, ran an errand for me, ate dinner with us, helped me bathe Bree and get her ready for bed, then did homework and went to an elders quorum meeting. Everyday is pretty much the same...a combination of work, school, homework, and family/church responsibilities. He never complains. Never. As a matter of fact he is almost always in a good mood. What a man! I wish I was more like him:)
Today I am thankful for this apartment. I complain about it a lot...but it is wonderful. I keep the temperature as high as I want (or as high as I can without Matt telling me it's a sauna), and I don't pay a penny for it. We always have hot water. We don't have to share a room with Aubrey, worry about the carpet (because it's not ours!), or do any major repairs. We live in a wonderful ward and live right next to some wonderful people.
Even when life isn't the best, it's always pretty darn good!
4 comments:
You are so good at finding the positive in things...you totally impress me.
Your post reminded me of a song my mom would sing growing up called the "Bluebird of Happiness"... she and my grandma would always sing, "and so remember this, life is no abyss, somewhere there's a bluebird of happiness!"
What a nice post! I love your list of haves- it's nice to remember those instead of all the have-nots. I realized lately how truly blessed we are for all that we do have. And we live right next to some pretty great people, too!
you said it all in that last sentence!
thanks. i am working on being more grateful. your post was perfect.
Post a Comment