Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Many Thanks

Other than one incident involving projectile vomit, today was a really good day:) Here's why.

-Aubrey recovered beautifully from her sedation today. She was extra sleepy and extra hungry (maybe a little too hungry...hence the projectile incident) all day, but she was oh so happy. I was happy to let her fall asleep in my arms, because that almost never happens anymore. She was full of smiles and giggles, and it was fun to be around her all day!

-Matt had his second interview with the construction company of his choice, and it went amazingly well. It ended with the interviewer telling Matt about their benefits package and competitive salaries. He asked Matt how soon he's looking to get an offer, and said he should hear from them soon. Woo Hoo!

-I got a ton done today. I dusted, vacuumed, did dishes, laundry, paid some bills, and made a tasty chicken pot pie. Yay for productivity!

-And best of all, we got the results from Aubrey's MRI, and she has a perfectly healthy and functioning brain! Wonderful news, to say the least! We still don't know what is behind the hypotonia, but we do know there isn't anything wrong with her brain...and that eliminates a lot of scary possibilities. We'll see the neurologist and a specialist again in a few weeks to do some further testing.

I'd take a day like today anytime. Tonight will find me and Matt on our knees, offering up many many many thanks.

10 comments:

Kristin Hanson said...

I'm so happy to hear that Aubrey's brain is a ok! I figured she would be, by the alert look she always has in her eyes, but one never knows for sure. I hope you have many more good days this week!

missy. said...

GOOD NEWS! thank you for letting us know, i've been thinking about your little family a lot lately. take care of yourselves.

Unknown said...

Great news!! thanks for keeping us updated.

Melanie said...

Yay! That is what I thought we'd hear all along, but isn't it good just to know for sure? Hopefully more happy days are on their way!

Nat said...

Congratulations on the good news! Aubrey's eyes are always so bright, you can tell she's hiding genius in there. . .

Aubrey said...

Thanks for sharing the good news with us. We've been praying that all will work out for the best for your family. The Lord will bless you for all the good things you are doing in your life!

Ann said...

I'm so happy to hear all of your good news. You and Matt deserve to get some good news after all you've been through. We're glad to hear everything is going well for Aubrey. What an amazing little girl!
Ann

Eliza said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!

Erica said...

I am so happy for you guys! Isn't so wonderful to have that burden lifted from you :) You guys are great and always have the best spirit about you. What an inspiration.

Rachael said...

What wonderful news! Thanks for letting us all know. I've been worrying about you this week!