Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mommies Night Out

So I was thinking...sometimes I really miss having the chance to socialize with girlfriends. When I was working I used to socialize with my female co-workers. We would go to lunch, talk at work, occasionally get together outside of work, and sometimes talk on the phone. I have the chance to socialize now by visiting neighbors and friends during the day...which is nice, don't get me wrong. I think I also kind of use blogging as an outlet for social activity. Even on days when I can't get out of the house, I can still open up my computer and find out what's happening in the lives of my friends. It's great!

But sometimes that just doesn't cut it. Maybe I want to hang out with some girlfriends without hanging onto my baby! Maybe sometimes I want to get out and let someone else cook for me, instead of doing the cooking and dishes myself! Does that make me a bad mom? I don't think so. I think it makes me a human being.

So here is the deal. I am inviting all the mommies who read this blog (and live in the surrounding area) for a girls night out...because we deserve it! Your invitation is as follows:

Event: Mommies night out

Date: Thursday November 29th

Time: 7:30 pm (it's a late dinner...but we're big girls so we can eat whenever we want)

Place: We'll meet at my house (if you are my friend then you should know where I live)

P.S. No babies allowed!

This is two weeks away, so that should be enough time to either coordinate schedules with your husband or find a babysitter. I think it would be sooo much fun...so if you are interested, just RSVP by posting a comment. I would also like some suggestions for a fun, nice (but not expensive) restaurant. Hope to hear from you soon!

P.S. Kristin H., you count as a mommy so consider yourself invited!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! This sounds like so much fun! and a great idea.

beapinkal said...

Yay again!!! I'm so excited! Specially because I don't really know you Megan...so here is a good chance:) So I'll be there! And also I think it is a super idea. We should do it every other week maybe:)We don;t have to go out for dinner every time- we could just go eat some cheap ice-cream and talk. Wow- i can't wait.:)

Rachael said...

i'm glad you're doing this! It is always such a lifesaver for me when one of my friends does one here. a couple ideas: we often meet at applebee's or somewhere like that for dessert/appetizers for people's birthdays, or one of my friends does a spa night every couple of months (I think she's planning a white elephant gift exchange and a karaoke night coming up). another one of my friends also threw a "pregnant girls party" for everyone having a baby in our ward from july-december (there were 17 of us!).

always sooo fun to hang out with the girls! i love it. it totally rejuvenates me. I always tell my husband "oh, I'll be home in an hour" and then i come home four hours later. good times.

i hope you guys have a blast!

Kristin Hanson said...

LOL - I was totally going to ask if I could come, even if I can't leave my baby behind! I promise she won't make a racket ;) I'm SO there!!

Melanie said...

You are so awesome! I think we've all thought of doing something like this, and you're making it happen! I'll be there!

And I agree- I love my baby, but I'm still a individual, not just a mom, so "me time" is essential! I can't even go to the bathroom in private these days!

Kristyn said...

Can I come too even if I'm a Springville-ite now? Great idea Megs. Way to head it up.

Megan said...

Yes Kristyn...please come!

Kathryn Cooper said...

Sad! I wish I was there instead of 2 driving days away. That's okay; you've inspired me to do a mommies night out too. Have fun girls!

Mrs. S said...

Sounds great! I'll have to find a baby sitter because Neal will be working (like always). Sounds great!

Megan said...

I'm so excited! Now, does anyone want to suggest a restaurant? Melanie mentioned Red Robin...any other ideas??

Robnz Fam said...

Hey Megan! I hope it's ok if I join in too?! This would be so much fun! What a great idea! I don't have any good idea's for restaurants, anywhere would be fun! What a great idea you had!