Thursday, November 8, 2007

7 Random Things

I've been tagged by my friend Erica, and I'm supposed to come up with 7 random things about myself...here goes!

1. I am deathly afraid of spiders. I know most people don't like spiders...but I take it to a whole new level. When I was in high school I worked as a camp counselor at a nearby children's camp, and I got bitten by a spider. It was sooo painful, and it swelled up to the size of a grapefruit on my leg! Now, if I see a spider in our apartment I almost have a panic attack. My heart races, my breathing gets faster, and I feel like crying. Matt gets a kick out of it, but it is no joke!!! I am also afraid of the dark.

2. I LOVE kissing! When Matt and I were newlyweds we decided we always wanted to kiss a lot, and 3 years later we still do:) A good make out session is just as fun when you're married as it is when you're dating! At home on the couch, in a dark movie theater, in the car...well, you get the idea;)

3. People always say that they have a favorite season, but every season is my favorite. The beginning of every season is the best...right when it starts changing. Like right when it started cooling down, I was SO excited for fall. Now that it has been fall for a while, I am SO excited for a snowy winter! So, of course when it's January I'll be getting SO excited for spring...etc. I always want to live in a place with 4 seasons.

4. I loved college so much! Aside from the academics (which I loved), I always had the best roommates and friends. I had sooo many adventures (including my fair share of skinny dipping! hope you aren't reading this, dad!). But seriously, I did enough living during those four years to last me a lifetime! I really learned a lot about myself, and my testimony during that time. I made friends that I will have for the rest of my life, met my wonderful husband, and made some pretty unforgettable memories.

5. I am not a nice person if a) I am hungry, b) it is anytime before 7 am, or c) you cut me off in traffic. The worst is definitely when I am hungry. Before I had Bree, when I was able to fast, Matt would be ready to throw me out the window by the end of the day:) hehe.

6. When I was in high school, my brother Jake shot me in the butt with a BB gun! Can you believe that? I think I'm still mad at him!

7. I am not ashamed to admit that I am one of those people that starts listening to Christmas music the day after Halloween. Good old KOSY 106.5...they come through for me every year! Let's be honest, the holiday season is the greatest time of the year...so why not make it last as long as possible, right? Who's with me?

Now I would like to tag...

Missy, Rachel M., Megan T., Melanie, and Bea !

6 comments:

beapinkal said...

Oh i loved this post! I'm with you about christmas music. I started listen that about 3 weeks ago:):)

And also spiders! I HATE THEM! But i'll write my 7 soon:)

Rachael said...

so what's the story behind the BB gun shooting? sounds like a good one!

Rachel said...

I am also with you about Christmas music. We actually already have our Christmas lights up. That is all Dan though.

Melanie said...

Oh no- now that I've read this I'm committed, huh? I'll have to think of some good stuff. There is so much I never knew about you!

Kristin Hanson said...

We've been listening to Christmas music since October.... :) I've been begging Dave to let me put up the Christmas tree, but since we'll be around for Christmas this year, he thinks we should wait.

Megan said...

Melanie, you don't have to do it. It's just for fun:)