Saturday, October 27, 2007

What a Day!

Today I was able to meet my sisters and mother for lunch (Ok, can you tell from the picture that they are my in-laws? Yeah...I stick out like a sore thumb in this group!) to celebrate Katie's birthday. It was great! I can't remember the last time I got in the car and left to do something fun without Aubrey. I love that girl, but this was a MUCH needed break! We had a great time laughing and talking and eating naughty cake:) It is so nice to finally have sisters after growing up as the only girl. Matty wasn't feeling too hot this morning. He woke up with a sore throat...but was hoping it would get better as the day progressed. This morning he vacuumed, made me breakfast (his eggs are the best), and played with Bree while I showered and got ready for the day. AND, he watched Bree while I went out and had some fun. I took this cute picture of him reading her stories. He is a good Daddy!
Well, when I got home it was a different scene. Matt was half dead (or so it seemed) on the couch with tissues hanging out of his nose. Luckily Aubrey had gone down for a nap so he could rest. The sore throat that we had hoped would get better ended up getting a whole lot worse. It went from just a sore throat to body aches, chills, sneezing, runny nose, etc. Misery. So we ended up having to miss the ward Halloween party (Bree has also been really stuffy the past few days)! Bummer. He is currently snoring away in a nyquil induced coma, which is why I am up alone blogging. Well, at least we still have the Nelson family Halloween party to look forward to this week...otherwise that was $15 down the drain on Aubrey's costume:(

1 comment:

Kristin Hanson said...

We missed you guys! I hope that your family is feeling better!! Being sick is no fun at all.