Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Travel Bug

I am desperately craving travel. I love it! I didn't really know how much I enjoyed traveling until I went to college. Having spent the majority of my youth in the mid west, being in out west during my college years provided me with the opportunity for countless adventures. Some of these adventures include a trip to Montana where the car broke down half-way there and I hitch hiked (with friends of course) the remaining distance, a trip to California where we had 9 people sleeping in one hotel room, and a trip to Yellow Stone where we camped in the frigid rain for 3 days.

Thankfully I married a man who LOVES to travel also (and married into a family of travelers). We've done big trips together and small trips together. Small weekend getaways and week long trips. I am thankful that we were able to do and see so much before we had Aubrey, because the farthest we've gone since she was born was Logan, Utah for 2 days. To be honest with you, for a while after she was born I had absolutely no desire to go anywhere. I was perfectly content to be safe and sound at home. I didn't even like going to the store with Aubrey. But now that she is older and I am more accustomed to mommyhood...I've got the bug. I'm itching to get in a car, train, or plane and go anywhere! We were out and about today, and I saw a plane flying in the sky. I thought to myself "I don't care where that plane is going, I just wish I was on it."

I love going places I've never been and seeing things I've never seen. I love packing a bag. I love getting away from the mundane day-to-day things like washing dishes or going grocery shopping. I love airports and rest stops. I love being around different people. I love it all.

I've got the bug. I've also got no money, and no time. Did I mention no money? Maybe a weekend in St. George would do the trick:)

3 comments:

missy. said...

i'm picking up what you're putting down :) it might sound silly considering we've been to i think 14 states since kya was born, but you know me-- constantly itching for a change! maybe kya's first plane trip (to utah next month) will help cure me of my travel bug. in fact, maybe i'll never want to go on a plane with her again :)

Megan said...

Yeah, but kya is always up for anything. she is such an on the go baby, i'm sure she'll love traveling just as much as you:)

Rachael said...

ooh, me too. i LOVE to go places. i don't even care where...just going!