Monday, October 29, 2007

A New Week!

Wow. I don't think I have ever been so thankful for the END of a weekend. Poor Matt...he was pretty miserable on Saturday and Sunday. Thankfully he skipped his first class this morning to let the rest of the NyQuil ware off, and was feeling remarkably better when he walked out the door this morning. Matt cracks me up, because even though he is this tough construction man who comes home from work every day bloody and battered...when he gets sick he is SO pathetic! I'm not complaining, because he is rarely sick...but it really makes me laugh. It is hard sometimes to take him seriously when he's whining "Meggy? I don't feel good, Meggy." I deal with it pretty well because I was WAAAAY worse for the nine months of my pregnancy! Plus, everybody wants to be taken care of when they're sick. I'm happy to do it for him.

Weekends are great because we all get to spend time together as a family, but they are also challenging. During the weekend things always seem so chaotic. I always try to stick to our regular routine for Aubrey's sake...but it never works. We want to sleep in, take our time getting ready, eat a late breakfast, run errands, do chores, play, etc. This always ends up throwing Aubrey's nap schedule off (plus I think she wants to nap less when Daddy is home so he will play with her). So, Mondays are usually a recuperating day for us. It's nice to get back on track:)

Unfortunately, I really think Bree has a cold as well. She's been a little stuffy the past few days, but this morning I had to suction out her nose so she could breathe while she ate, and what I got out was a lovely green color:( No bueno.

No comments: