Aubrey is sick. She woke up about 4 times last night. She cried for an hour straight this morning. She can't eat because she has so much snot...so I've sucked out her nose about 15 times already...but that makes her gag and then she gets hysterical and cries more, which makes her cough, which makes her eyes water and her nose run even more. The worst part of all of this means that she is going to have to miss her first Nelson Halloween party because we don't like people to share their germs with us...so we shouldn't share ours either. I was going to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for the party. I thought maybe I would go ahead and make them anyway so Bree and I would have something to do today. But Matt ate the last two eggs and finished the milk this morning for breakfast. We don't want to go to the store, obviously, because Bree is SICK!!!!
*deep breath*
Today I am thankful for...
the humidifier
fleece blankets
the ability to breast feed
the blue nose suctiony thingy
Dolly Sue (aubrey's soft pink doll/rattle)
the internet
library books
Aubrey's bouncy chair (even though she is too big for it...it keep her elevated)
makeup to cover the dark circles:)
7 comments:
oh megan! i sincerely hope that matt and bree both start feeling better soon--and that YOU don't get it!!
i'm so sorry, that's rough...
feel better, bree!
Oh no! We're going to the store today- let me know if you want me to get you some eggs! (Anything to get those p.c.c. cookies again!) You'd better post that recipe- those were de-lish!
And if Melanie can't get eggs for you, I've got a ton! Good luck getting Aubrey better. It's bad when your husband is sick, but a sicky baby is ten times worse!
I'm so sorry she's sick! That is really the worst. Neal always gets Madelyn sick when he is sick. Its happened 2 or 3 times now...it really is lovely. Let me know if I can do anything to help!
Oh thanks Megan! I love your blog too. I always check it twice a day at least:) How is Aubrey? Is she feeling better? Let me know if I can do anything for you.
thanks for you well wishes everyone! bree is starting to do a little better...although she is still really stuffy. who knew a baby could have so much snot?
Post a Comment