Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Thoughts On The Day

Today, was a good day. Aubrey took some good naps, my visiting teachers came, I was able to babysit for a friend, and I got plenty done around the house. It was just a normal day. But when dinner time came around I was tired and really not in the mood to cook. So I suggested to Matt that we go out for dinner...maybe just pick something up real quick. He thought about it for a bit and then calmly reminded me that he has had to take a few days off of work lately, which makes a difference in our bank account, and said "maybe we should just be good and eat at home tonight". To which I replied "I'm sick of being good! Sometimes I just want to make bad decisions!" Oh boy. This just goes to show how unreasonable I can be when I'm hungry.


I am really thankful for Matt's ability to be sensible and grounded when I am, um, not. He balances me quite nicely. Maybe Aubrey will inherit his calm and steady demeanor:) Otherwise she might get my fiesty-ness.


So we decided to eat at home...and I'm quite glad we did. We had a lovely "breakfast" for dinner, and it really hit the spot!

2 comments:

Kristyn said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel about constantly living under the tight strings of a stringent budget. The light at the end of the tunnel doesn't seem so bright anymore.

Paul pulls (not in a bad way either) those same lines on me. I'll buy something and then he'll pull up the checking account online and our bills that are due, and say Can we really afford this? I always grumble and end up returning my super cute new top. One day I'm going to keep it!!

Erica said...

Sad to say even when you make more money things still seem the same. There's just more to pay for like a mortgage, higher water, gas, etc. bills, grass seed, lawn mower, the list never ends of things you need for a house. But it's fun in the process! But you gotta love marriage. It seems to always work like that. Justin and I definitely balance each other like that as well.