My life as a mother is consumed with worry. Is Aubrey smart? Is she strong? Do I stimulate her enough? Does she eat enough, poop enough, "talk" enough, smile enough? The list goes on and on. But this afternoon we were outside sitting on a blanket waiting for daddy to get home, and Aubrey sat by herself for 25 (yes, i was counting) seconds! Now, some of you may be thinking...big deal! But if you know anything about Aubrey's condition (see older posts) you know that it is a very big deal! At that moment I really felt that heavenly father was looking down on me and Aubrey and sending me a message that I don't have to worry so much. I just felt like he nudged me a little to say..."See? Be patient...everything will be OK." I also felt like all of the physical therapy and exercising I do with her at home is really making a difference...and even though she will always be a little behind average in physical strength, she will eventually do it all!
After she started tipping over and I caught her, she leaned back and gave me a huge smile...and the worry was replaced with complete joy.
10 comments:
Hi Nelson Fam! I'm finding so many people from our old ward on here, it's so fun! It was so fun to finally see Aubree too, she is so pretty, and beautiful eyes! You can visit us at:
sethcarrolemily.blogspot.com
Are you guys and the Morales family the only ones 'left' at Cresent arms? Are Becca and Bill still there? We miss everyone so much and the old ward, it was a great place to be!!!
Yay! Congrats! I've noticed that she's making a ton of progress since you started the physical therapy. The thing I've learned since Dave's been studying athletic training is that the human body is such an amazing thing. Jump start it by working it more and correctly, and before you know it, you're doing things you thought you never could. Just wait a little bit and she'll be sitting up for double the time!
Megan,
I just read all of your postings. I love all of your entries. Keep them coming.
Sally
yea bree!
megan, kya had her 6-month checkup yesterday and she's 19 pounds! that put her in the 95th percentile, and i remember you saying that bree was only in the 75th percentile at her 6-month checkup... so did kya pass bree up?! how much did bree weigh?
this post made me happy. bree's doing great, and so are you.
Hi Megan! I found your blog from carrol's. Lucky me. Does that technical name basically just mean that she's chubby? Because I was thinking that Jacob (our 4 month old) might be behind on physical stuff. He's not even close to rolling over but I think it might be the fact that he hit 20lbs by the time he was 3 months old. I put him on a diet so he hasn't gained much weight since then but I think he needs to thin out some so he can move. What exercises do you do with her??
Holy cow missy! Kya has totaly passed Bree. At her six month check up she was only 16 lbs 2 oz! I bet it has something to do with how Kya has embraced solids and Bree really wants nothing to do with them. *sigh* I wish I could come over and see Kya cute squishyness! I'm trying to talk Matt into coming to Boston for a graduation trip:)
P.S. How long is Kya???
Hi Adrienne! I'm so glad you found us:) Hypotonia isn't just about being chubby...it is about muscle tone. Aubrey really has very little muscle tone, so when you add her size on top of that...it means she has to work EXTRA hard to do things like roll, sit, etc. My doctor said a lot of big babies take longer to meet their milestones. You baby is so cute!!! I'm sure he'll start doing things soon...so don't worry too much! (I need to practice what I preach)
Most of the exercises we do with Bree were taught to us by her physical therapist. It basically includes a TON of tummy time, baby sit ups, helping her roll both directions, and some stretches.
I hope this was helpful!
oh wow! i can't believe kya passed bree up! but yes, kya is in LOVE with solids and that definitely could have something to do with it. she's 27 3/4 inches long (97th percentile), so she's growing like crazy. she's got these incredibly muscular quads already, it cracks me up :)
how long is bree?
Bree was 28.5 inches at her 6 month check up. It's kinda sad that she's losing some of her chub because she's getting SO long!
Megan,
I'm so excited that Bree is sitting. I don't think you need to worry about her being slow at physical development. She's got some good help. And I've learned that the most important thing is that your baby is happy. And now that I've seen her in person, I can say that she is the happiest, smiliest baby. And that's all that matters!
Post a Comment