Saturday, October 6, 2007

Everyone Do The Happy Dance!

Today was the best day! Here are the reasons why.

-The first and most obvious reason is because of General Conference. So far, conference itself has been very enjoyable...some wonderful talks and musical numbers. It is always such a treat to hear from our prophet and his apostles. Matt also said that the priesthood session was really good.

-The residual effect of conference means that we get to spend tons of quiet time together at home as a family, which lately is pretty rare. It seems that there is always something going on during the weekends...somewhere to go, people to see, etc. But thankfully, Matt took care of a lot of things ahead of time so that this weekend could be super low key. It is such a treat to wake up at the same time, eat breakfast together, do things around the house together, and snuggle on the couch while we watch conference!

-Also, last night we made Oreo balls (thanks for the recipe Erica!), and we've been munching on them frequently:)

-Today has been really cold and rainy...and I LOVE that! It feels so right for today to be a day where we wear sweatshirts and run the heat while we are all cozy at home. I just love the transition from the hot summer weather to the cool fall weather. It is usually so sunny all the time in Utah (very different from MI), so cloudy days seem kind of special for some reason. Also, the cool weather prompted us to go to Olive Garden for lunch between sessions for the endless soup, salad, and bread sticks deal. It was a brilliant idea if I do say so myself:)

-And perhaps the biggest reason of all...today I put on a pair of my pre-pregnancy pants (duhn-duhn-duhn) and they fit!!! I am telling you, when I buttoned those pants I got so excited Matt had to shush me for fear I would wake Aubrey. I was jumping around doing the happy dance and saying "I am so hot! Who is the hottest momma? ME!". Now, as long as I can control myself around the Oreo balls and not indulge in regular meals at the Olive Garden, I'll be alright!

4 comments:

Erica said...

I'm glad you are enjoying the Oreo balls. A fun little treat huh? The pics of Aubrey and Lead are so adorable. I wish we were there to visit and watch them grow! We do love Michigan though. And Olive Garden...that sounds like a good idea. We just might have to go soon. Have a great weekend!!!

Kristin Hanson said...

Congrats! I knew you were looking skinny! I agree - the weather this weekend has been perfect!

Rachel said...

I love Fall too, and conference, and congrats on being skinny.

missy. said...

oreo balls?! how do you make these magical oreo balls? perhaps a recipe would be a good use of a post. or perhaps not. i'm still only fitting into one pair of my pre-baby jeans :)