(Charlie with Matt's dad on a recent hike)
Charlie is growing up so fast. I mean, look at this picture. Does that look like a toddler? No, that looks like a little boy, and I can hardly stand it. He is learning and changing so much everyday that I thought I should take a minute to record some things about him right now before I forget.
Even though Charlie is in the throws of the terrible two's, he is also a super fun age right now. He is at the stage where he is learning everything and soaking it all up like a little sponge. His funny little personality has erupted, and he cracks me up all the time. I can say with certainty that he has the spunk and fire to match his red hair. Here are some notes for my own memory.
-Our Charlie boy is a talker. He talks all the live long day. He asks a lot of questions, and genuinely wants to know the answers to them.
-He is painfully shy in new places and around new people. We have been to story time at the library SO many times, but he can still barely bring himself to get off my lap and sit on the story rug.
-This summer he transitioned out of his crib and into a big bed. It was relatively painless. He still even takes a nap most days! (hallelujah)
-Charlie loves music and dancing. He knows a lot of words to The Avett Brothers, and loves to sing along while we are in the car. He can also sing his ABC's, twinkle little star, you are my sunshine, the itsy bitsy spider, and many of the songs from Frozen and Tangled.
-He has a vibrant imagination! He can turn anything into a toy. He loves pretend play, and will frequently pretend to be a super hero, fireman, ballerina, mountain climber, and a daddy.
-He loves reading books with us. Sometimes Matt will stay in his room for 30 minutes at bedtime, just reading book after book.
-We have tried one stint of potty training, but it was a no go. It became a power struggle about getting treats. So we backed off, and will try again when he seems more ready. In case you were wondering...I am SO ready.
-Charlie is the pickiest of picky eaters. It drives me crazy. He could stand to gain a little weight. But on top of being super picky....he is SUPER stubborn. It's a bad combination.
-Charlie has a very compassionate soul. He looks out for his sister. He sticks up for her when we get frustrated or lose patience. He tells me what she needs, and misses her when she is away. It brings me so much joy to watch him learn about his sister, and understand her in ways that I don't. He has a special heart, and I know it will serve him well all his life.
-Charlie can identify all of his letters, and numbers up to ten. He can count to twenty, and knows most shapes and colors. In terms of learning, I think he will be more than ready for preschool. In terms of separation...not so much.:-)
-He is a snuggle bug. He wants to hug and kiss and snuggle all the time. During the day he will frequently come to me, squeeze my leg or my head and say "I just yuv you, Mommy." Its the best thing ever.
He is my little buddy, and a bright light in our lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment