I was just reading through my gratitude journal, and came upon this little treasure. And being that Matt and I recently celebrated our 10th anniversary, I thought I would take a minute to type it up.
7-18-13
I am so thankful for Matt. Really, of all the many many blessing in my life...he is the very best. There is no one I would rather take this journey with. He is a great father; very hands on, helpful and involved. He works incredibly hard at work and at home, and he is a great husband.
Some of my favorite things about him:
-His sense of humor
-The look he gets on his face before he's going to quote a line from a movie or t.v. show.
-The tender side of him that he only shows to me.
-His affection
-I love that he loves our kids and gets excited about doing things with them.
-The way he uses a paper towel over and over again like it's a real towel, until it falls apart.
-I love that he almost always "gets" me. And when he doesn't "get" me, he tries very hard to.
-I love that he loves parts of me that I'm not so sure I love about myself.
-When he does something embarrassing, or something he thinks might make me mad...he looks at me with puppy dog eyes and says "Love me?"
-His big hands
-How I feel small when he hugs me.
For all these reasons, and hundreds more...I count myself as an incredibly lucky woman. Ten years. I'm proud of us. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment