Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 1

First official day of summer break.

9:53 am: So far, so good.  Except for Charlie waking up at 5:30 this morning with yet another fever.  This kid is sick at least once a month...usually with a fever.  Is this normal?  It can't be normal.  So far we have had breakfast, gotten dressed, watched a little PBS kids, played outside (the kids are loving the new trampoline).  Charlie played with play dough, and Aubrey had a snack.  I have loaded the dishwasher, washed a load of laundry, made beds, and put Aubrey on the toilet 3 times in an effort to keep her dry dry dry, prevent accidents, and save $ on diapers.  So far, she has stayed dry.  Hallelujah.  I have not showered or put on makeup.  Aint nobody got time for that!  Just kidding.  I'm going to the gym later, so I didn't really want to bother with getting ready.

Good News: Over the weekend we took the kids swimming, and to the South Jordan country fair.  Both activities were quite enjoyable and relatively stress free.  Even for Aubs.  Except for when we had to leave the pool.  That was tough for her.  Major meltdown.

More Good News:  One of the aides in Aubrey's classroom has offered to help us out with Aubs over the summer!  Hooray!  I'm sure I will write more on this later.

Also, pictures to come later.

Peace

1 comment:

Bea said...

Happy day for you then:) i'm looking forward to see pictures:) have a wonderful summer!!!!