Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Little Update

I'm blogging from my phone right now. This should be interesting. But Charlie is playing quietly by himself in the family room, and I'm afraid if I walk past him to get to the office, the spell will be broken and he'll be all up in my biz-nass.:)

So, on to the update.

Matt is ridiculously busy at work right now. His current project is the building of the Doterra Essential Oils corporate headquarters in Pleasant Grove.  It's a pretty big job...but it's also really fast. Hence his crazy work load. He's been working late at least one night a week, and even going in a little on weekends to catch up.  It has definitely been hard on him and us!  But being busy at work is better than having no work, right?  In his spare time he has still managed to help me with some projects around the house. Right now he has the back yard all torn up, trying to reconfigure the sprinkler system.  One of my favorite things about Matt is his work ethic...he works super hard at work and at home.

I'm doing well. I started working out again this past November.  It has been fun! I've been doing a little Zumba, a little TRX, and some weight training.  I'm working on some health goals, and I'm feeling really good.  I definitely have been dealing with a lot of stress with the kids.  I have some days that are so hard, when the kids go to bed, I get online and start looking for jobs!  I also have days that are so fun and rewarding, that I can't ever imagine doing anything else.

In April Matt and I are going to Mexico for  our 10 year anniversary.  Our real anniversary is in August, but the timing of the end of Matt's current project and the beginning of the next is going to make our summer kind of messy...so we just decided to go in the spring.  We're going to an all-inclusive resort in Puerto Vallarta, and I can't wait to relax on the beach, have some adventures, do some reading, and take a bunch of naps!  It is just what we need.

Well, Charlie's spell of quiet play ended one paragraph ago, so I better save the update on the kids for tomorrow.:)

No comments: