Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Seattle

A few days ago I got back from an awesome 4 day trip to Seattle to visit my brother.  I went by myself (my first time leaving Charlie over night), and had just the re-charge I needed to get me through the summer.  We saw a movie, ate lots of delicious food, spent a ton of time outside (the weather was PERFECT), went to Pike Place Market, rode the ferry to Bainbridge Island and explored that beautiful place, and talked a whole lot.  We did a fair bit of relaxing as well.  I slept in, took a few naps, and read a whole book.  Oh, and my brother also introduced me to the HBO series The Newsroom...which is so dang good! 

All in all, it was perfect.  My brother is just an awesome person, one of my very best friends, and a great host.  And Luke the dog gave me lots of love, too!  I miss them both (and that gorgeous place) already.









It is seriously so beautiful up there.  I spent a lot of time on the plane ride home thinking of scenarios that would make sense for us to move there:-)

I should also point out that not only did Matt watch the kids for four days while I was gone (with some help from Grandma Jan!), but I was also gone for Father's Day!  While I was gone he kept sending me pictures of all the fun things he was doing with the kids.  They went to Ikea, went swimming, went exploring downtown, got ice cream, and more.  Not only that, but they were clean and fed and alive when I got home ;-)  I'm very grateful.

4 comments:

Matt Armstrong said...

I just thought I would point out that Luke the Dog™ has been pouting ever since you left. He's been baring his teeth at me every time I try to pet him, and he puked on the rug out of spite this morning. So he misses you a lot.

Thanks again for coming. It was just what I needed too.

Just remember, no snow in the winter, no inversions, no smog, mild summers, lots of green and trees. And a single brother who likes spending money on gifts and experiences. :) You really can't afford NOT to move here.

Rachel Burt said...

You visited my home town! I so miss that area. I'm glad you had a fun time.

avonlea_ann said...

You've convinced me I need to go and visit Seattle. Sounds wonderful. Especially the alone part. :)

Jill said...

Yay! So glad you had a great time, and got your re-charge. And love that you have such a great relationship with your brother! I've always wanted to visit Seattle, girls trip maybe???