A few goals for the new year.
-Say yes as often as possible. To my children, to my husband, to new opportunities and experiences. Be alive. Be fearless. Say YES, because it is so much better than NO.
-Love my body and treat it with respect. Does this include losing weight? Maybe. But I'm not setting a "goal weight" and some magical number of lbs to lose. I don't care about that anymore. I want to feel good. I want to run and not be weary. I want to feel energized. My body has given me two beautiful gifts, and has fed Charlie for over a year now. It's time to return the favor, and nourish myself with things that are good and pure. I have started Jazzercise, and it feels so good to move and work my body in those ways again. I also want to do more yoga, and meditation. Overall physical and mental health is really what I'm striving for.
-Stop complaining. Just stop it! Ugh...I'm actually tired of hearing myself talk about how hard things are over and over. So things are hard, so what? It's hard, but I'm doing it! Life is hard, but it's beautiful too. Stop complaining and see more beauty!
-Be more present with my children. Put down my phone, turn off the computer. Read more stories. Get down on the floor and play more often. Rough house. Sit in the grass. Make rice crispie treats. Go for walks. Because they really are awesome people to be around.
-Get to know more people in my ward/neighborhood. Know them by name.
-Try to follow this simple cleaning schedule
I think that's a good start. What are you working on this year?

1 comment:
These are great goals! I love the chore chart- where did you get it? Did you make it? It seems so simple! Now for the execution.... Good luck with it!
Post a Comment