Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Joy

 All ready for church the Sunday before Christmas.
I got brave and hosted dinner for my WHOLE family on Christmas eve.  It was tight squeaze in our little house...but we had a great time! 



 And Santa came, just like always!  (And of course, Stella thought that Aubrey's new sleeping bag would make the perfect bed:)  Matt and I have fallen into a tradition of opening all of our presents for each other on Christmas eve after the kids are in bed, so that Christmas morning can be all about them.  It works out well now while they are little :-)






 Aubrey's favorite gift was a picture book I made for her from Shutterfly.  She hasn't put it down since she Christmas morning.


On Christmas day we were luxuriously lazy...eating a big breakfast, staying in jammies until lunch time, and napping.  We had a lovely visit from Matt's mom and Dad, and then that evening traveled to my parents house for a big Christmas dinner and games with my siblings.

I spent much of the month of December feeling so happy and content, and Christmas was just more of the same.  I even remarked to Matt on Christmas day as we were heating up leftovers for lunch and listening to Christmas music, that I wished Christmas wasn't over.  I think it all just boils down to feeling so very blessed, and full of love for my family.  Especially this little family of ours.  Making magic for my children at Christmas has to be one of my favorite things ever.  I hope you all had the same measure of magic during this Christmas season, too!