This week I am trying to focus on the good and beautiful in my life. It feels great.
I am oh so thankful that Aubrey sleeps well and a lot. She always has. I never fully appreciated this until Charlie came along.
I am thankful to have had a 5 month break from a church calling. It was just what I needed, at the time I needed it the most. And my new calling is EXACTLY what I need at this point in my life as well. Perfect timing...it doesn't happen often, but when it does, oh boy.
Our new home, what a joy! It feels so good here. And the work that we have put into it makes it feel even more like home. The storage, the layout, the yard...we needed it so bad, and now we have it, and I am thankful. Plus, my bathtub makes me feel like a queen.
My Jilly. Some friends are forever, and she is one for sure. My girl has stuck with me. We were only neighbors for a short time, but it was just long enough to form a friendship that has been a huge blessing in my life. I am thankful for the laughs, the texts, the play dates and girl nights. I'm thankful to have someone to share motherhood war stories with.
I am thankful for my brother, Matt. He makes me laugh, he is a fantastic listener, and he helps me feel brave. I am proud of him, inspired by him, and jealous of his domestic skills (smiley face). I am thankful he found his home in Seattle. Even though it's far...visiting him gives me something to look forward to!
The mountains. When Autumn comes I think they could not be more beautiful, and then the first snow of the season proves me wrong. I am thankful for the escape they provide from the city noise, and inversion. I think I should go skiing with Matt this year, don't you?
My Charlie boy. He is so smart, it blows me away. He mimicks everything we do. Every sound, every gesture, everything. You cannot imagine what joy it is to watch him learn so easily. So maybe he has my temper, and my red hair to match. He also has my heart.
This was fun! Let's do it again tomorrow...same time same place:)
1 comment:
Love this!! And Thank You for writing about me on here. We have for sure been blessed to have such an awesome friendship, and I agree, it will be forever. I know you were one of the reasons we were meant to be in Daybreak for the small amount of time we were!
Post a Comment