Friday, July 6, 2012

Charlie Boy At 6 Months




Dear Charlie,

You are six months old.  It may only be half a year, but it seems like you have been a part of our family forever!

At 6 months, you have two sharp little teeth...and you like to chomp.  It made nursing pretty unpleasant for a few days, but we got through it.  You still nurse every 3-4 hours, and are only mildly interested in baby food.  So far you like bananas, apples, and sweet potatoes.

You are in the 95th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight.  Tall and thin, just like your sister.

You are a momma's boy!  You don't like to sit alone for too long, but prefer to be carried around on my hip all day long.  My arms sure are getting strong.  You are a sweet and happy boy as long as you are in some body's arms.

You still wake up twice during the night.  The doctor said it's time to let you cry, and stop nursing you during the night so you can learn to sleep on your own.  But it's too hard!  Even though I would like you (and I) to sleep better, I still enjoy our night time nursing hang outs.  You're just so cute, you see.  But maybe you could figure out the sleep thing on your own?  Please?

You are finally in a nice routine for napping, and take 3 decent naps a day.  When I am helping you fall asleep, your favorite thing is for me to rub your face and head while we sit in the rocking chair.  You fight and fight, but as soon as I start gently brushing my fingers along your cheeks, and nose...your eyes droop shut and we have nap time success!

You love to be outside.  You enjoy walks in your stroller, or just sitting and watching the world go by.  Sometimes, if you are having an especially grumpy day, I know I can take you out on the back porch and you will calm down.

You are a pleasure, Charlie Boy!

No comments: