Monday, June 11, 2012

Someone Get Me A Doughnut

(experimenting with the idea of a redhead rocking red lips.  the jury is still out.)

I'm a mess of stress.  Let me explain.

We are moving.  We found renters for our town home (halleluja!), and bought another home about 10 minutes from here.  The new place is great!  More space, huge yard, awesome neighborhood.  We're so excited.  The only problem is that the house was a bank owned home.  And it's a bit of a fixer-upper.  Which is cool...because Matt loves projects, and it was a really good deal.

So the plan was to close at the end of May, spend all of June fixing the place up (while we still lived here), and then move in to the new house at the end of June, just in time for our renters to move in here on July 1st.  Perfect, right?  I know!

But (there's always a big but), it turns out that buying a bank owned home is complicated.  And it takes a long time.  And lender's are slow.  And here it is, June 11th...and we still haven't closed.  Because of stupid stuff.  Like, there's a broken window in the new house.  And the lender won't let us close until the window is fixed.  But the seller won't fix the window, because it's sold as is.  And the seller won't let us touch the house or do anything to it, until we close.  DO YOU SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING?!

In the meantime, here we are packing up and getting ready to move (because remember, we have renters coming in here), and we're not exactly sure where we are going!  Will we close in enough time for us to do the major work before we move into the new house?  Are we going to have to move, put everything in storage, move in with Matt's parents, then fix up the house, and then move AGAIN?!

And it turns out that June could not have been a worse month for moving.  Matt is running the Ragnar (gone for a whole weekend), and another race that will pretty much take up the whole Saturday after we have to be out of here.  And then it turns out we also have Avett Brother's tickets for a show that is taking place on what should probably be our moving day.  Which we totally can't give up...because it's the only thing I've had to look forward to all summer!

Meanwhile (deep breath)...Aubrey is out of school for the summer, and driving me absolutely insane.  She does nothing but whine and cry at me all day long, and does naughty stuff while I am trying to put Charlie down for a nap or take a shower.  There is no reasoning with her, or disciplining her.  She doesn't get it.  And if she does get it, she doesn't care.  And Charlie...despite being an absolute doll, is still a horrible napper, eater, and sleeper.  And he wants to be held ALL the live long day.  I can't put him down for a few minutes without him screaming and crying at me.  But as long as he is in my arms, he is a sweet little cupcake.  But that makes packing kind of impossible!  I love my children to death.  But right now I am feeling like I could not have more difficult, demanding kids.

So what does this all mean?  It means I am drinking a lot of Diet Dr. Pepper, and crying, and breaking out with zits, and asking for a lot of help from family.  And emotional eating.  And too much yelling, and having to say I'm sorry.

And I just can't wait for it all to be over.  I keep imagining our new house.  Opening up the back door, and sending Aubs out to play on the swing set.  Filling up a pool and spending the afternoon in our swim suits.  Laying out a blanket and having a picnic for dinner every night!  We need that.  And we need it now. 

Before I poke my eye out with a fork.

*Thanks for the vent, Blog.  Next time I promise to have something good to say

7 comments:

Tine said...

yes, definitely stressful! what a nightmare! we went through a similar situation when we bought our home (waiting for SO long to close, things changing left and right with out loan, almost losing the house we'd just built because the builder couldn't wait for us to close, having to get out in time for renters, etc.) you amaze me with how well you handle it all, while looking absolutely incredible in that red lipstick. i say definitely go for it! such a great look for you, and besides - red lipstick has to make any girl feel better about life, right? and with the house and moving drama, just remember that you can be happy anywhere...any house, any apartment, with or without your stuff. as long as you have your sweet husband and kids (as hard and awful as they may sometimes seem)it's possible to be happy ANYWHERE. maybe a stressed and inconvenient kind of happy, but happy nonetheless (that's what i kept telling myself when we were trying to move and it seemed to help, anyway).

Jill said...

Ahh I love you! Summer is so hard! I am so praying everything finishes up soon so you can move on. The waiting in limbo part is the hardest...I think we need a girls night in park city!

Lloyd said...

Wow! Been there done that bought the t-shirt....... it IS worth it. We just had our first party in our backyard. Let Matt know that my truck is always available if he needs it!

Breathe.....

L

whitney said...

Ahhh, I'm so sorry, sweetie! It sounds like it's been a pretty h**lish summer so far. Heaven knows, it'll probably get worse before it gets better :P (((hugs)))

On a positive note...love the red lipstick on you!

Rachel said...

Oh man, buying a house really is stressful. Our closing was delayed 3 days and I was freaking out about that. It will be worth it though. I hope that everything goes a little smoother for you, and soon.

Rachael said...

We bought a foreclosure so I can totally commiserate (and I hear you on the kids home from school as well. :-) I hope all of these sort themselves out as quickly as possible (and good luck to Matt--is he running Wasatch Back?)

Carolyn said...

I started laughing (sorry) when I read your post because our house was a HUD home, and it just brought back all of those crazy memories of trying to buy it! You're right it is a nightmare, but the deal makes it all worth it...at least it will in a year when everything is all fixed up and you've had time to forget about all of those obstacles you had to jump through! Good luck with everything!