"With Lucifer beneath you, and God above, when either one of them asks you what you're living of...say love." -The Avett Brothers
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Lately
We are still kinda in survival mode around here. Charlie is giving us a run for our money with some colic and possible acid reflux. But he sure is a cutie pie! He has started being really social with his smiles, and is cooing a lot too. We don't get out much, being that it's the height of cold/flu season...and that he screams his brains out every time he is in his car seat. His neck is getting really strong...and he is doing great with his "tummy time". He loves to be held, all the time. And in the evenings (his absolute worst time of day), he must be in motion. Matt and I spend a lot of time these days pacing around the house. He does pretty good at night...waking up just twice and typically going back to sleep easily after he eats.
I think Aubrey has finally come to realize that Charlie is here to stay...and she seems happy about that most of the time. She loves to give him hugs and kisses. I once caught her licking his head. I don't know what that was all about, but it's pretty typical Aubrey behavior:) She doesn't like having to wait for my attention while I am nursing or calming a screaming baby. But it's good for her. Also, she had a MAJOR growth spurt...and is getting so big. I just had to buy a ton of new clothes just to get her through the rest of winter. She is now a size 6!
For the record, Matt is my hero. He is an amazing father. He walks in the door at the end of the day and is everyone's favorite person. Without even sitting down, he will come in and immediately start playing with Aubrey, or take a crying Charlie out of my arms and send me on my way, or start fixing dinner. I get through every day knowing that he will take over at some point so I can take a bath, go to the store, or just sit in a quiet room and get my wits about myself. I love him more than ever.
My mom and Matt's mom have been life savers as well. My mom has come down on days when Aubrey doesn't have school just to offer a second set of hands, and Matt's mom has taken Aubrey for the WHOLE day two Friday's in a row. These women are the best!
Tonight in a calm moment with Charlie, as I was getting his jammies on him...I picked him up with nothing but a diaper on, and squished my face in his pudgy neck. We sat in the rocking chair and shared smiles and secrets and thousands of kisses. And I felt quite happy enough to explode. It is a wild ride for sure...but I wouldn't trade this precious time for anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ahhh, love this post and all your pics! It's the little moments like these that you want to keep and hold forever.
yay! for moms and moms-in-law that help you survive! I'm so glad they're helping so much :) Not to mention Matt...what a super-husband!
Post a Comment