"With Lucifer beneath you, and God above, when either one of them asks you what you're living of...say love." -The Avett Brothers
Monday, July 18, 2011
A Record of Pregnancy
I thought I should write a little update on the pregnancy thus far. I didn't have a blog when I was pregnant with Aubrey, and I was horrible about keeping a journal. So I thought it would be nice to have a record of this pregnancy for the future.
I am 16 weeks along. I was completely over the sickness by 14 weeks, and that was such a relief. These days I am in that blissful stage where I feel great physically. On most days my energy is great (with the help of an afternoon nap while Aubs naps), and we are back to life as usual. Every once in a while I am afflicted with a headache, and if I've had a bad nights sleep I will completely drag the next day. I've been able to keep my weight gain in check...and I'm hoping to do better with that than I did with Aubrey. Because, did you know that the more weight you gain when you're pregnant, the more weight your baby will gain? Here's to not having another 10 lb baby and a c-section!
Speaking of c-sections. I am planning on having a v-bac (assuming all goes well with the pregnancy...which I am). I've spoken with my doctor about it, and she is supportive of helping me make that happen, which is a real relief. I have been doing a lot of research/reading/etc. and I'm really just trying to educate myself on the best ways to make that happen. And for me, that means having a natural birth. I hesitate to write much about that, because it's something that Matt and I strongly feel is the right decision for us, but we have gotten some negative/non-supportive responses from people when we've told them of this desire. Which can be discouraging. But the truth is that making this decision is going to have a very real impact on this pregnancy and our preparation for birth, so it can't be ignored. I know it is not the right choice for everyone, and I am aware that it may not work for us the way we are planning it...but it is what we are hoping and planning for. That's all.
So far, no heartburn/indigestion problems. And my skin has been cooperating very nicely. Some days I feel like I am definitely looking pregnant, and other days I just feel like I am looking fat. But I can definitely feel my body stretching and growing to accommodate this little one, and it is all very exciting. Plus, I'm in that awkward stage where none of my regular clothes fit me, but I'm not really big enough for maternity clothes either, so most days I'm walking around in weird patched together outfits that don't really make any sense.
Over the past few days I've thought that I have felt the baby move every once in a while...although sometimes it's hard to tell for sure. Mostly I feel little flutters and twitches when I lay down after being really active for a while. It's my favorite thing.
We talk to Aubrey a lot about the baby, but it's hard to tell if she has any clue what we're talking about. I know it is going to be a big change for her. Aubrey will almost be five by the time this baby is due...and that is a long time to be an only child. But despite all of that, I have the very strong feeling that Aubrey is going to be a very good big sister. Maybe not in the "typical" big sister way, but I think she will be a blessing to the baby, and in return be very blessed by the baby as well. It is not something that I'm worried about.
Speaking of being worried...I am. A lot. About everything you could possibly imagine. And my emotions are always pretty much right on the edge of the surface. Just like the cartoon at the top...It seems I am FEELING for two. But we are trying to reduce a lot of the stress we have in our lives, and simplify. Mostly we are praying and praying and praying, and I think that will help:)
Well, that should cover it for now. I have another appointment this week, and I am very anxious to hear that little heartbeat again. There is nothing quite so reassuring to an expecting mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I hope you weren't referring to me! I will always support you no matter what!!! And I always believe in doing what you feel is right for you and no one else....we are so excited for baby 2 and cant wait to meet him......(or her)... But mostly him!
I truly hope you get the birth experience you desire, every mother deserves that.
I have LOOOOOOOOOVED the two medical and intervention free births that I have had. Ignore all the side-eyers who will tell you "you know they don't give you a medal for that?!". You will do fantastically. Your body was made for this.
I love pregnancy posts, keep em coming, with belly pictures included :)
I hope the VBAC goes just as planned. There are a lot of risks with a VBAC and another CS. I am sure you are learning a lot and I am glad that both of you have come to a decision together and that you have the much needed support from your doctor as well. Congrats Megan and I hope all goes well for you guys
glad you're feeling well! Hope that continues for a long time! remember not to stress and take what everyone has to say with a grain of salt! In the end, it's you having this baby, not them!
Best of luck! You're a rock star!!!
I love hearing all of the details Megan. Keep them coming. I've had 4 natural childbirths now and it's something I've read a lot about as well. I'm by no means an expert but I'd love to talk to you about it sometime if you think it would help.
Megan, I wish you the very best with your plans for this baby & birth! I don't know if I can say I had my last baby "naturally"--I did finally have an epidural at 7.5 cm but it didn't take--but it was so much better to be able to walk around and get up right after the birth--it seemed to make a big difference in my baby as well. Good luck!!
yay! for a good dishy pregnancy post. I'm so glad you're feeling so great!
If you have any VBAC and/or natural birth questions, feel free to send 'em my way! I love childbirth talk :)
ps-Ez was a c-section, Georgia was a VBAC w/an epidural, Scarlett and Oak were both natural VBACs.
Post a Comment