Friday, February 4, 2011

11:20 pm Friday Night



 On Thursday, my awesome mother in law watched Aubrey for pretty much the whole day, while I went gallivanting around the city with my girlfriends.  Well, we weren't just gallivanting.  We went and watched the So You Think You Can Dance auditions.  Then we had lunch at The Garden...Avocado BLT and tomato bisque.  Yum.  Then we gabbed and gabbed and got home late.  I love days like that.

Matt is the lucky recipient of "The 14 Days of Valentines".  A little surprise everyday until the 14th.  It has been so fun.  I am really excited for tomorrows surprise.  But I won't tell it here.  You know...cause it's a surprise.

We ate Rumbi Island Grill tonight.  Did you know that they have organic tofu as one of the options for their rice bowls?  Also, delicious soup with coconut milk in it.  After Aubrey went to bed we watched Juno, which is one of my favorite movies.  At the end I cried a lot.  Real big tears, and lots 'o snot.

Tomorrow will be a busy day.  Which is precisely why Fridays are better than Saturdays.  On Saturday there is always so much to do.  But Friday night is made for doing nothing, and having fun.  Friday night is for watching movies, playing scrabble, and falling asleep while we watch Craig Ferguson.  I can hear Matt snoring away on the couch right this very second.

I love Friday.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I had such a great time!! And Friday's are definitely my favorite...date night, no chores, and the start of a weekend with daddy's help!!!

whitney said...

I love fun days with girlfriends. It just makes the world a much better place to be :)