Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cold and Such

It is always freezing cold on the first floor of our house.  When we turn the heat up, it just gets blazing hot upstairs and stays frigid downstairs.

Even Stella thinks so.

Aubrey has Elmo slippers...and that helps some.
Matty just had his tonsils taken out on Friday.  The poor guy is pretty miserable.  But thankfully he has some good pain medication.  Which keeps him looking like this, much of the time.

In other news...we had a lovely Thanksgiving with my parents.  I didn't take a single picture the entire weekend, which is really a shame, but it was a fabulous time.  We stayed two nights, and Aubrey slept like an angel both nights.  My parents watched Aubs for us and we went on TWO dates.  We ate a lot of yummy food, did a little shopping, and played lot's of wii games.  The highlight of the entire weekend was probably when my sweet, soft spoken mother said the word "shart" while we were playing a game of hearts.  I laughed so hard that I couldn't breathe...and I nearly showed her the meaning of the word.  Oh.  I love my family!

4 comments:

Matt said...

I see the tradition of curling up with a blanket is being kept alive and well. Maybe that's what I need to get for Aubrey for Christmas. A blankie that she'll still own when she's 30. :)

Jill said...

Awwwww, poor Matt! I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end, but I would not want it done!! So glad you had a great Thanksgiving!!

Hoenes Family said...

I can totally picture you laughing so hard when your mother said shart. That is hilarious. I know what you mean about the cold. Believe it or not it gets below freezing at night in Arizona. I keep telling Taylor I need a snuggie, but he REFUSES ;)

Melanie said...

Ha! There is a family in our ward with the last name Shardt, and I nearly did the same when I had to explain the meaning of the word to Jason! I just can't imagine your mom saying that word. Too funny!