Tuesday, November 16, 2010

This and That


Stella was a hot dog for Halloween.  Isn't that hilarious?  I never thought I would be the type of person that buys costumes for my dog, but how can a person resist something so hysterical.  I mean come on, a dog dressed as a hot dog?  That's funny!

I haven't read a book in months.  Which is really strange for me.  And I kinda feel like I'm getting dumber everyday.  Its probably time to do something about that. 

I went to Aubrey's parent teacher conference last week, and it went really well.  Her teacher, aides, and therapists are saints.  They love Aubs (and how could they not?).  They talked about her progress, and about her stinky moments.  She has a lot of stinky moments these days (not literally...I mean she is a stinker).  But they reassured me that it is normal for a 3 year old to be a stinker, no matter their developmental age.  They also praised me as a mother, and said they recognize what a challenging job I have with Aubrey.  They said they get it.  They said they know what it takes to raise a kid like Aubrey, and that I was doing a great job.  I cried (big surprise).  You have no idea how much I needed to hear that, on that day, and in that moment.  There is something to be said for validation, from someone who REALLY gets it, as opposed to those who just try really hard to get it.

Matt and I have been talking about me going to back to school for my masters degree.  I mean, seriously discussing it.  Which is exhilarating and petrifying at the same time.  We shall see.

Aubrey has learned how to say no.  Well, not technically.  She has learned how to shake her head no.  I think it is about the best thing to happen in our house in months.  We have conversations that go like this.

Me:  Aubs, do you like cheese?
Aubs:  Ah!
Me:  Do you like school?
Aubs:  Ah!
Me:  Do you wanna go potty?
Aubs:  *emphatically shakes head, no*
Me:  Do you wanna go to Grandma's house?
Aubs:  Ah!
Me:  Do you wanna go to the doctor?
Aubs:  *shakes head, no*

Isn't that great?

Also, Matt is getting his tonsils out in December.  Sucks to be him.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Aww, cute Aubs! Isn't that so great that she's using the word NO in the correct terms?? Yay for progress!! Do tell about going back to school how exciting! Poor Matt, at least you're super sympathetic....get him some popsicles or something! OH, and how come he's getting them out?

Megan said...

Hahaha. I didn't mean to sound unsympathetic, I was just tired of writing. And I will be sure to get him some popsicles and take very good care of him:) He's getting them out because they are full of holes and have been giving him problems for years. They are also removing his uvula to help with his snoring:) It's totally gonna suck...but we're hoping he'll be completely healed by Christmas!

whitney said...

Poor guy, Ezra got his out this August and it was loads of un-fun. Although, I suppose, Matt will probably be loads more willing to take the horrid tasting medicine then Ez was, which was definitely the biggest issue with him.

How exciting about school! You'll have to fill us in when you decide.

yay! yay! for a great, reasurring parent-teacher conference and Aubrey shaking her head! That must make life so much easier!

Sally said...

I love you! That's all.